Stuck at Motorola logo, please help!

Reaction score
While trying to install smoked glass for Bugless Beast on foyo, my phone got stuck at the M logo for awhile. I looked up some solutions online and they called for a battery pull; I did that and still nothing. I just now tried to flash SPRecovery_ESE81 with RSD lite hoping that that would at least let me have the phone up and working, root or not. I got into the bootloader and got the "hacking your phone" message and then RSD tried to boot up my phone, but it's still stuck at the M logo.. I'm not sure what else to try at this point and I really need my phone working in the morning. Please help me out with any advice!

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
While trying to install smoked glass for Bugless Beast on foyo, my phone got stuck at the M logo for awhile. I looked up some solutions online and they called for a battery pull; I did that and still nothing. I just now tried to flash SPRecovery_ESE81 with RSD lite hoping that that would at least let me have the phone up and working, root or not. I got into the bootloader and got the "hacking your phone" message and then RSD tried to boot up my phone, but it's still stuck at the M logo.. I'm not sure what else to try at this point and I really need my phone working in the morning. Please help me out with any advice!

If you used RSDLite to flash SPRecovery then you should now be able to hold X and power up to recovery... then just flash to a ROM that's on your SDCard...

OP
T
Reaction score
If you can boot into recovery try a data/factory reset.

I did a factory reset and wiped my cache, chose reboot phone now and still stuck at the logo.

I'm gonna try to install a custom ROM by renaming it to update.zip and rebooting after that.. hopefully this dreaded M goes away.

jlaidlaw

Reaction score

I did a factory reset and wiped my cache, chose reboot phone now and still stuck at the logo.

I'm gonna try to install a custom ROM by renaming it to update.zip and rebooting after that.. hopefully this dreaded M goes away.
First: it stayed at the motorola logo because you deleted your system and data so the phone had nothing to boot into. This is good news actually because this means you can install a custom rom through the recovery.

Download a custom rom and install it. Which recovery are you using? If you are using sprecovery rename it to update.zip and transfer it through your phone. You can mount the sdcard to your computer in recovery, transfer the update.zip file, then unmount.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

J

Johnly

Lost? check sig, cristim had laid it out as easy as 1,2,3...

OP
T
Reaction score

First: it stayed at the motorola logo because you deleted your system and data so the phone had nothing to boot into. This is good news actually because this means you can install a custom rom through the recovery.

Download a custom rom and install it. Which recovery are you using? If you are using sprecovery rename it to update.zip and transfer it through your phone. You can mount the sdcard to your computer in recovery, transfer the update.zip file, then unmount.

Thank you very much for spelling all this out for me, I got BB running up again and my phone is working.

Mbk thanks to you as well. I love this forum
dancedroid

J

Johnly

Thank you very much for spelling all this out for me, I got BB running up again and my phone is working.

Mbk thanks to you as well. I love this forum
dancedroid
me toodancedroid