Please help-email problem

richardsonfh

Reaction score
Cannot send emails. Second phone and still have problem. I am not too techie but bear with me please. I get "connection error" when trying to send. I am using Verizon email address. I have tried deleting account and adding it back. 1 email will send then not any more. I know others have had this problem - surely there is an answer. I appreciate all help.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
R

richardsonfh

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. Can I set up a Verizon account thru Gmail? See once again I am tech impaired. Thanks again

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. Can I set up a Verizon account thru Gmail? See once again I am tech impaired. Thanks again

You mean that your email is .verizon.com? I didn't know Verizon offered email.

You can have your mail forwarded to gmail. I'm just not too sure how it works with Verizon.

You made need another email app like K9 or Touchdown.

Try setting up your account as an imap account in the settings in gmail. This is done on line, not on the phone so if you want to use a computer you can do that. www.gmail.com, sign into gmail and the select settings. I think it's on the first or second tab.

OP
R

richardsonfh

Reaction score
Yes LT is Verizon.net. I have used this for work for years on my computer. I just knew Verizon wireless would work with Verizon! Techs in Verizon stores have worked and even exchange phonees. They remove and reenter the data and sends 1 email and say it is fixed. It is just you have to go through that everytime you want to send an email. Any and all suggestions will be appreciated. I am thinking of making the Droid an expensive paper weight. Thanks

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Yes Verizon actually sells landline (wired) services as well as wireless which therefore includes DSL resulting in a @verizon.net email account. My sister has had one for years.

Anyways, richardsonfh, have you tried making sure you have entered the correct settings for retrieving your verizon.net emails on your phone? I bet if you log into your verizon.net email account via the web interface, you might be able to find/get more info there.

If you have tried this already, then forgive me as that is all I have.

good luck

OP
R

richardsonfh

Reaction score
I want to take this time to thank each one for offering advice. I appreciate it, but after a week of techs, etc. I am giving up on verizon email. I am giving up on verizon droid as soon as possible, and I am giving up on verizon fios as soon as I can get in touch with at&t for phone, tv and internet. You can tell I am off of verizon-- when a verizon phone will not work with verizon email, then it is time for a change..

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry you were not successful with you email. I've used Verizon for phone (home and cell), DSL, and DirecTv. I've never had a problem. Two years ago, I purchased an iPhone which was a bad decision. For me, AT&T's cell service was terrible. I dropped more calls in seven months with AT&T than the previous severn years with VZW. I cancelled my contract with AT&T (which due to my constant reporting of issues) they waived the $300 early termination fee.

Hopefully, AT&T provides better coverage in your area that in Central PA.

Mike