Bellsouth Email issues

fro29445

Reaction score
I am having no problem recieving emails from Bellsouth on my HTC droid, but I cannot set up for it to send from my Droid. I get the error message "server not responding". I have tried the following settings.

server: 25 and also 110, SSL and no SSL , mail.bellsouth.net

Someone please help.

Q-Dog

Reaction score
I just learn how to resolve this problem. Bellsouth now ATT has Yahoo doing their emails now. So in order to send and receive emails, you have to delete the current accounts on the Droid. Then go to “My Accounts”, “Add Account”, Select “Yahoo! Mail”, and Type in your Bellsouth email address and the same Password, “Next”. The account will be added to the Droid. When email is sent and received it does appear it came from/thru the Bellsouth. The only thing I have found that does not work for me, is as soon as I open Outlook and receive the emails now they are no longer on my Droid. So watch for this…
Good Luck

Pampered Chef Linda

Reaction score
Q-Dog - I think I LOVE YOU!!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!! This was so flippin easy and I have been pulling my hair out for weeks! Why oh why couldn't bellsouth or verizon explain this to me?!?!!?

Q-Dog - you are the bomb! dancedroid

I just learn how to resolve this problem. Bellsouth now ATT has Yahoo doing their emails now. So in order to send and receive emails, you have to delete the current accounts on the Droid. Then go to “My Accounts”, “Add Account”, Select “Yahoo! Mail”, and Type in your Bellsouth email address and the same Password, “Next”. The account will be added to the Droid. When email is sent and received it does appear it came from/thru the Bellsouth. The only thing I have found that does not work for me, is as soon as I open Outlook and receive the emails now they are no longer on my Droid. So watch for this…
Good Luck