yahoo outbound emails won't send

arendtgard

Reaction score
The outbound emails will not send through my yahoo email account on my droid. The incoming email works just fine. I've looked under outbound settings on the email account, but can't figure out what the problem is. Help please!

ezekiel2000

Reaction score
Are you rooted? I'm running a 2.1 ROM and yahoo mail is one of the things they fixed in these later ROMS. In any case, here's the settings I have for outgoing mail, give them a try, see if it works for you:
server: android.smtp.mail.yahoo.com
port: 465
security type: SSL
Check Mark in the "require sign-in" box
user name: whatever is before the @yahoo.com part of your email address
password: pretty self explanatory

I'm curious what you're running and if this worked for you so please let me know. Thanks!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Earlier this month, I read a thread that someone had a similar problem and it was resolved by removing/turning off their task killer. Do either of you use an task killer? If so, it may be worth while removing your email.

Mike

ajrober5

Reaction score
Are you rooted? I'm running a 2.1 ROM and yahoo mail is one of the things they fixed in these later ROMS. In any case, here's the settings I have for outgoing mail, give them a try, see if it works for you:

I'm curious what you're running and if this worked for you so please let me know. Thanks!

I had same problem but that worked for me thanks

Jenlo

Reaction score
Outgoing email

a bunch of us were having similar problem with the Roadrunner email. The solution seems to be to make sure the "require signature" box is checked and add your username (including @yahoo.com) and your password. That fixed the problem for RR email outgoing.

NEWDROIDSTER

Reaction score
I tried the settings you suggested with no luck. I think I am running 2.0. The settings set-up correctly, but when I go to my outbox and hit send outgoing messages it comes back as a connection error. The require signature box is checked and my username and passwrod are entered. Don't use task killer either. Thank you all for your help. Any other ideas?

lovelyhistorymom

Reaction score
For whatever reason my outbound Yahoo will not function if my wireless is activated. But I turn it off and outbound works just fine. Not sure why. I'm still a newb and I'm sure that someone on here has the answer, but make sure your wireless is turned off (note:wireless, not 3G...). It drains battery anyway so if you aren't actively using it there is no reason to have it on anyway.

I run app killer and it still works fine.

My IMAP path for outbound is

smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com

Port:587 (this was the one that was auto-populated when I first set it up)

No Security Type selected

Require sign-in
[email protected]
Password

And mine works like a charm.

Side question though, without rooting is there a way to have it constantly check instead of having the five-minute delay in mail retrieval...not that it's that bad...but still...if I'm having a convo through email...which I do a lot, I don't like having to manually refresh. I just want it to do it by itself...any solution for that as of yet?

OP
A

arendtgard

Reaction score

I followed directions to no avail.. unfortunately i still cannot send emails from my android on Yahoo :(

JayhawkSteve

Reaction score
a bunch of us were having similar problem with the Roadrunner email. The solution seems to be to make sure the "require signature" box is checked and add your username (including @yahoo.com) and your password. That fixed the problem for RR email outgoing.

Noob here. I also have Road Runner, and had issues with sending out emails. Finally solved it when I went to SETTINGS--> ACCOUNTS & SYNC--> and make sure any accounts you have (I had a gmail account) are SYNC OFF.

Forgot I had the gmail account active. May not be applicable here but figured others may have same issue.

fenriswolf039

Reaction score
I have Yahoo small business email, pop/smtp.bizmail.yahoo.com with SSL, 995/465 and authentication requred.

Works great, got 7 inboxes .