Phone Lockup

wooddale

Reaction score
I've been having this too, I was running Mysterious Beast theme for Liberty. Today in the afternoon was the last time it happened, did a battery pull, and now jus returned to stock liberty theme and so far so good.

Ill do a nandroid back up soon, there's something about straight up switching between themes that kind of worries me lol

Liberated Droid II

Know what ya mean nothing ya can't fix but whole lot work

PalmerCurling

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Running a sephtin custom theme.
It doesn't even happen on a specific app for me. It just locks.up in my pocket, I go to check the time, and it wont screen-on. Also lots of random reboots.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Trong

Reaction score
Problems here too. I was so fed up with it that I tried switching around to other ROMs, but unfortunately, none of them have a GB theme as detailed as Liberty.

Still haven't been able to figure out why it happens. I've had it lock up in random applications which I can't seem to remember... But the worst part was when it would freeze up while it was in my pocket or when it was sitting on my desk or on the ground charging. Freezing up when I'm not even interacting with the phone is a bit ridiculous.

^Oh, also that seems to be a problem too. It seems to happen most often when turning on the screen.

wooddale

Reaction score
Problems here too. I was so fed up with it that I tried switching around to other ROMs, but unfortunately, none of them have a GB theme as detailed as Liberty.

Still haven't been able to figure out why it happens. I've had it lock up in random applications which I can't seem to remember... But the worst part was when it would freeze up while it was in my pocket or when it was sitting on my desk or on the ground charging. Freezing up when I'm not even interacting with the phone is a bit ridiculous.

^Oh, also that seems to be a problem too. It seems to happen most often when turning on the screen.

Guess thats the price we pay for speed Mine locks up once in awhile also but Im overclocked to 1.3 if I go down to 1.25 doesnt happen

jen7724

Reaction score
Ok, I figured out the problem with people not being able to hear me during a call. I'm somehow hitting the "Add Call" button while I'm on the phone so it switches over to the dialer screen and the other party can't hear me; I can still hear them though. I have to pull the drop screen down and hit current call before they can hear me again.

Now I understand that this may very well be "user error" but I never, ever accidentally hit the add call button with my face before Liberty. Anyone know the best settings for Proximity Delay to make it where the screen doesn't come on as easily when on a call? That would probably solve the problem.

Still having black screen, frozen phone issues though.

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
I don't think this is related to the launchers we use, but rather to how we are 'hacking' a 'custom' rom onto this device... i've noticed it happen with anything but stock

Reaction score
Screen going black happened to me in gummyjar 2.1, its happening in liberty but not as often. Though I am getting some reboots and phone going un responsive with the screen on for a little bit.

all I had on gj and liberty is the GB theme, with stock launchers

MrKleen

Reaction score
I loved the rom and had both myself and my wife on this rom. But we were having strange issues like not being to hear each other on phone calls. Random issues once and a great while don't bother me but not being able to take calls does.

I am hoping the next version takes care of some of these issues.

I do appreciate the work they put into the rom.

Reaction score
I don't think this is related to the launchers we use, but rather to how we are 'hacking' a 'custom' rom onto this device... i've noticed it happen with anything but stock

The reboots are present in every custom rom I have used. In the Rubix FAQ it says "Moto's screwy behavior with the bootloader and the security checks constantly checking for blur. This causes all of the phones memory to be eaten up (mostly at times when the screen is locked) and reboot to free it again."

I think the Liberty issue is probably related to this but is a little different. In other ROM's it would just reboot randomly. In Liberty it completely locks up for a while before rebooting which is a little more problematic.

I'm definitely not complaining, its still worth it to run the ROM. Its just something that might be worth the time to look into.

rfranken

Reaction score
Mine always happens when either locking or unlocking (putting to sleep or waking up) my DX
Sometimes i wait it out...could be 30 seconds to a couple minutes and it might recover...but reboots itself most of the time. (battery pull needed on occasion)

I'd say I get 0-3 times a day

I'm on Liberty Revo remix theme. But i also had this same problem on Rubix 1.9.5

Adw.ex (also happened before I used this launcher)
quick clock undervolted but Not overclocked. (pretty sure it happened before using this app)

sometimes i notice when its froze that i can just barely see my screen...very very dark (you'd think the screen was off unless you look really close)....but can just make out my clock and some icons. not sure if this is always the case or not.
Anyone else notice that??

PalmerCurling

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
ive had this issue:

-Immediatly after twitter updates
-immediatly after tweetdeck updates
-in the middle of a phone call with my girlfriend
-immediatly after a gmail notification
-randomly for no apperant reason throughout the day

this happens anywhere from 0-5 times a day.

underclocked, ultra-low voltage, sephtin barmod custom theme

wooddale

Reaction score
I've had liberty on the phone for about 2,weeks locks up maybe once a day but I'm overclocked 1.3 thoughtbthat was reason burning a lot of bat love the sped

Malaka128

Reaction score
ive had this issue:

-Immediatly after twitter updates
-immediatly after tweetdeck updates
-in the middle of a phone call with my girlfriend
-immediatly after a gmail notification
-randomly for no apperant reason throughout the day

this happens anywhere from 0-5 times a day.

underclocked, ultra-low voltage, sephtin barmod custom theme

Imma go ahead and say it has to do with your voltage. Switch to low voltage and see if that fixes your problem.

PalmerCurling

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I also had it on standard voltage. And I've reflashed the ROM I couple times due to borking trying other ROMs.

I've also ran ultra-low voltage on ApeX no issues.

wooddale

Reaction score
If your phone worked on other Rome then you probably need to down load it from scratch if it still don't work then I guess you gotta divorce zLiberty