Phone Lockup

Discussion in 'Liberty ROM DX' started by KerrAvon, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Chrussell1215

Chrussell1215 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    +1 - I've had this happen as well once or twice...

2. Chrussell1215

Chrussell1215 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I wonder if anyone has had these problem on Liberty with just the stock theme?

3. jdhas

jdhas Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I do. 2-3 times daily.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

4. wamphyri_noble

wamphyri_noble New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Possible Solution?

I was able to fix my problem of the phone locking up, whether or not it sticks is another matter.

I was using GO SMS to take care of my txt'ing.

One contact had 206 txt's when the problem started, # 206 seemed to create the problem this time around.

In the stock txt'ing app limit was set to 200. I figured since I should not be able to have more than 200 txt's this might be the problem, so i deleted the entire conversation. I still had the problem. I also tried to increase the limit in the stock txt app with still no luck.

I deleted the go sms app and then tried to put the phone into sleep mode. Yet again no luck

I rebooted by pulling my battery and then putting it back in.

The lockup problem seems to be fixed for the moment. I will see if the lockup occurs again in the next week or so.

5. wooddale

wooddale Senior Member

Ratings:
    +11

Just had it happen today acctually my wife I think it may be because you pull the screen down while your talking. Ive never had it happen to me

6. AlexSB

AlexSB Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been having this too, I was running Mysterious Beast theme for Liberty. Today in the afternoon was the last time it happened, did a battery pull, and now jus returned to stock liberty theme and so far so good.

Ill do a nandroid back up soon, there's something about straight up switching between themes that kind of worries me lol

Liberated Droid II

7. wooddale

wooddale Senior Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Know what ya mean nothing ya can't fix but whole lot work

8. PalmerCurling

PalmerCurling Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    Running a sephtin custom theme.
    It doesn't even happen on a specific app for me. It just locks.up in my pocket, I go to check the time, and it wont screen-on. Also lots of random reboots.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

9. Trong

Trong Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Problems here too. I was so fed up with it that I tried switching around to other ROMs, but unfortunately, none of them have a GB theme as detailed as Liberty.

Still haven't been able to figure out why it happens. I've had it lock up in random applications which I can't seem to remember... But the worst part was when it would freeze up while it was in my pocket or when it was sitting on my desk or on the ground charging. Freezing up when I'm not even interacting with the phone is a bit ridiculous.

^Oh, also that seems to be a problem too. It seems to happen most often when turning on the screen.

10. wooddale

wooddale Senior Member

Ratings:
    +11

Guess thats the price we pay for speed Mine locks up once in awhile also but Im overclocked to 1.3 if I go down to 1.25 doesnt happen

11. jen7724

jen7724 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, I figured out the problem with people not being able to hear me during a call. I'm somehow hitting the "Add Call" button while I'm on the phone so it switches over to the dialer screen and the other party can't hear me; I can still hear them though. I have to pull the drop screen down and hit current call before they can hear me again.

Now I understand that this may very well be "user error" but I never, ever accidentally hit the add call button with my face before Liberty. Anyone know the best settings for Proximity Delay to make it where the screen doesn't come on as easily when on a call? That would probably solve the problem.

Still having black screen, frozen phone issues though.

12. Koveleski

Koveleski Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    I don't think this is related to the launchers we use, but rather to how we are 'hacking' a 'custom' rom onto this device... i've noticed it happen with anything but stock