Phone Lockup

KerrAvon

Reaction score
Since installing Liberty, every now and then my screen will go off and nothing I do will make it come back up. I wind up having to do a battery pull to reboot my phone.

Anyone else having this problem? If it is a bug, will it be fixed in 1.5?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

validoption

Reaction score
+1 Hoping this is addressed in 1.5.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

mrichards86

Reaction score
Same thing here, happened lastnight. But it was the first time it happened in a week or so.

Brotherjay72

Reaction score
Same here too. Sometimes my screen will go black, and stay that way for up to 5 min and sometimes it'll come back on and sometimes it'll reboot.

marcfogel

Reaction score
Since installing Liberty, every now and then my screen will go off and nothing I do will make it come back up. I wind up having to do a battery pull to reboot my phone.

Anyone else having this problem? If it is a bug, will it be fixed in 1.5?

Are you using Launcher Pro?

mcp770

Reaction score
Same here and yes to launcher pro. Gives me BB Storm flashbacks pulling battery. Gone til 1.5 reviews roll in.

marcfogel

Reaction score
Same here and yes to launcher pro. Gives me BB Storm flashbacks pulling battery. Gone til 1.5 reviews roll in.

You may want to try a different launcher. I was getting complete phone lock-ups. I switched from Launcher Pro to ADW and they went away (so far)

Reaction score
Ive been running ADW EX and recently have had the problem so I don't think its related to launcher.

validoption

Reaction score
You are correct; I've run LP, ADW, ADW EX and GO EX. The screen freeze is not related to the launcher.

Ive been running ADW EX and recently have had the problem so I don't think its related to launcher.

droydhead

Reaction score
Ive had the lockup issue twice since liberty has been released.

I was connected to wifi at a friends house and was leaving the area when the phone froze. It happened both times as I was leaving his house. I never connect to wifi anywhere else. So maybe wifi is causing the lockup.. Or maybe its just a coincedence, idk.

validoption

Reaction score
Coincidence ;-)

I've had it happen both on and off wifi.

Ive had the lockup issue twice since liberty has been released.

I was connected to wifi at a friends house and was leaving the area when the phone froze. It happened both times as I was leaving his house. I never connect to wifi anywhere else. So maybe wifi is causing the lockup.. Or maybe its just a coincedence, idk.