Phone Lockup

PalmerCurling

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Ill wait till the 1.5 update drops to see if that helps. If not I have to find a mostly blurless ROM. Probably back to tranq

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
KerrAvon

KerrAvon

Reaction score
I don't think this is related to the launchers we use, but rather to how we are 'hacking' a 'custom' rom onto this device... i've noticed it happen with anything but stock

The reboots are present in every custom rom I have used. In the Rubix FAQ it says "Moto's screwy behavior with the bootloader and the security checks constantly checking for blur. This causes all of the phones memory to be eaten up (mostly at times when the screen is locked) and reboot to free it again."

I think the Liberty issue is probably related to this but is a little different. In other ROM's it would just reboot randomly. In Liberty it completely locks up for a while before rebooting which is a little more problematic.

I'm definitely not complaining, its still worth it to run the ROM. Its just something that might be worth the time to look into.

This is the most logical answer I have seen, however I would still appreciate if the devs commented on this.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

wamphyri_noble

Reaction score
Phone Lockups still happening for people?

Anyone know if this been looked into any more or if anyone has found the culprit or cure?

wooddale

Reaction score
Kinda funny.my.phone was just doing that but only when I was changing icons on launcher pro Im overclocked I set cpu to stock no trouble after that so how do ya figure don't even think that's a problem