Liberty issue

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Sorry Kejar if I sounded like a jerk in that response. I just reread it and thought it may have sounded not as nice as I would have liked it. I just got sick of reading comment after comment of nothing.

It most frequently happens when using my messaging application, as that is the time where my display is going on and off the most. When I am playing games/using the phone for an extended period it doesn't happen.

So to rephrase my previous comment, the phone freezes/reboots when the screen is being turned on and off frequently.

Ex)send message, lockphone, receive message, unlock phone, reply to message, lock phone, recieve message, try to unlock phone, freeze reboot.

I hope that helps.

Thanks and Amazing job with this ROM

It's all good :) no reason to apologies

Ok next round of Q's

Does it happen when you are using the text messaging app only, or any messaging app such as Talk?

Can you try and use the rotary lock-screen to see if it still happens?

If you could answer these questions it would really help pinpoint the issue!

I don't use the Talk app frequently enough to know, just the messaging as far as I can tell.

I use the rotary lock already... it just looks way cooler.

If i didn't already mention this, I am not running any theme and it has the issue whether at stock or any other voltage.

Ok, do you have the music controls set to be always on?

vinnie80

Reaction score
It's all good :) no reason to apologies

Ok next round of Q's

Does it happen when you are using the text messaging app only, or any messaging app such as Talk?

Can you try and use the rotary lock-screen to see if it still happens?

If you could answer these questions it would really help pinpoint the issue!

I don't use the Talk app frequently enough to know, just the messaging as far as I can tell.

If i didn't already mention this, I am not running any theme and it has the issue whether at stock or any other voltage.

Music controls are only showing on the lock screen when music/pandora is playing

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Music controls are only showing on the lock screen when music/pandora is playing

So you don't always show the music button even when something isn't playing?

MrDonBonJovi

Reaction score
That is correct... NO MUSIC=NO MUSIC CONTROLS

There ya go again... sounding like a jerk. lol

I also have the music controls set to that setting where if music is playing it will show the controls, otherwise it won't. Although I sometimes get a phantom Play button when no music is playing but I've had a recent music app open.

Keyjar - I have the regular lockscreen.

stevebalboni

Reaction score
i did a search and was unable to find someone with a similiar issue...

i changed cameras back to the stock and ever since my photo gallery shows only the same photo over and over... i tried different galleries bur same result. i know the photos are there because i looked at them threw the file manager...

vinnie80

Reaction score

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

i changed cameras back to the stock and ever since my photo gallery shows only the same photo over and over... i tried different galleries bur same result. i know the photos are there because i looked at them threw the file manager...

Install Liberty again over the top (without a wipe) and see if that fixes your issues

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Could you switch to the slider lockscreen and see if it still happens?

I forget where to change the lock screen... If its in the Liberty tool box settings, I can't change that. FOr some reason, that keeps force closing when I clock on it.

Huh... Pleas go to the Market and download the latest Toolbox from there.

How were you able to set the free memory, if you were unable to get into Liberty Settings?

vinnie80

Reaction score

I forget where to change the lock screen... If its in the Liberty tool box settings, I can't change that. FOr some reason, that keeps force closing when I clock on it.

Huh... Pleas go to the Market and download the latest Toolbox from there.

How were you able to set the free memory, if you were unable to get into Liberty Settings?

Reinstalled liberty.. into the settings (somehow i was able to use the toolbox app that I downloaded from the market, but couldn't figure out how to change the lock screen from there).

I went into the liberty settings and changed the lockscreen. Tried to force the phone to reset, let the screen turn off and on unlocking the phone and locking it rapidly 7 or 8 times.... nothing happened. I will let you know if I have the same reset issue with the regular lock

stevebalboni

Reaction score

Install Liberty again over the top (without a wipe) and see if that fixes your issues

no it did not work....after the installing again i tried the other galleries and same thing...i am going to try and removing all the photos and leaving gallery empty and see if new photos will reset whatever is causing the glitch....

thanks

Shadows9909

Reaction score
So you don't always show the music button even when something isn't playing?

I use widgetlocker, always have as i find it to be much smoother, do you think that is the source of the problem? btw i haven't had this problem since i set free memory up to 50 like 2 days ago dancedroid

vinnie80

Reaction score

I use widgetlocker, always have as i find it to be much smoother, do you think that is the source of the problem? btw i haven't had this problem since i set free memory up to 50 like 2 days ago dancedroid

Kejar-- Just wanted to give you an update... Since switching to the normal lock, the resets have not occured.

OP
G

Gerane

Reaction score
Thanks for being so active in helping kejar.

I have used both rotary, slider and widget locker and had this happen. Well, pretty sure on widget locker, I only used it for a short time.

I have also used both music settings. Show at all times and only when music is on.

I have had out happen with talk app and handcent. However, it doesn't seem to be linked to texting, but linked to turning screen on and off alot in a shorter period of time. This is why texting has been more often than other things.

I did turn on sysctl and configured it the way mentioned on one of these forum posts, and it happened about 5x more frequently then normal. Turned it off and the frequency went down.

With sysctl off and mem setting of 50 i haven't had it happen in about a day, but I haven't had turn screen on and off much. Will keep you posted.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App