random lockups/reboots

mikey4226

Reaction score
I uninstalled Liberty 1.5 and reverted back to stock ROM due to better battery life, and because I was getting random lockup/reboots when trying to turn the screen back on by pressing the power button or home key.

However, since restoring the nandroid of my rooted, stock ROM, I've noticed that I'm still getting random lockups when powering my screen back on (which I never had issues with before installing Liberty 1.5). Are some of the scripts or settings from Liberty still active? Is there possibly another cause for my lockups? What are my options for fixes? Right now I can only think to completely SBF and start over from scratch. Thanks for your help!

turdbogls

Reaction score
i have also been having issues and it doesn't matter which ROM i am on. i have heard something about it being ADW so i would start by uninstalling that first and seeing if that fixes it. i just read this, so this is Step one for me.

OP
M

mikey4226

Reaction score
Any luck getting rid of adw launcher? Have you ever had issues with pro launcher?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Misterpipe

Reaction score
Constant reboot

Had the droid X sense October and it's a great phone BUT recently it has started to reboot 5+ times a day. The phone is not rooted and in an effort to stop this I did a factory reset, changed the Gmail address it sinks to so no auto downloads of bought apps, I also formatted the memory card and check disked it to be sure. So it is a clean factory fresh phone. It still reboots 3+ times a day. Any ideas? I heard that it could be a battery problem did I hear this right? I noticed it started around the start of the Verizon iPhone release - Hummm - Nawww couldn't be that.
Have been too busy to take it to the Verizon store but what else could they do that I haven't already done. :icon_evil:
P>S> I also tried a different memory card - no difference
Thanks,Tom
North Atlanta

bkjohnson

Reaction score
rebooting problems

I have a stock DX and had the same problems with random and annoying reboots. I turned off the auto-rotate 3 days ago and it hasn't done it since. A real pain in the ass but for whatever reason, it seems to have "fixed" mine. I'm glad you posted and I read your attempts to remedy because resetting was my next move.

Goodlefeed

Reaction score
I used to have this problem on ApeX 1.3.1, upgraded to 1.4.1 and switched my kernel to 1.1GHz (ULV) but with max at 900MHz, and I haven't had a problem with it since.

I believe it's a kernel issue

Rocko

Reaction score
madderstock.zip or sbf. I do that when going between roms. Otherwise I get what you had, hiccups and glitches.

OP
M

mikey4226

Reaction score
I SBFd and still had some problems every now and then, but nit as often a before. I recently flashed rubix focused 2.0.1 and I haven't had a lockup since.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

zoidal

Reaction score
Launcher Pro seems to be the problem for me. Dumped it last week and replaced it with *Spark. BEST MOVE EVER.

Practically ZERO lockups/ reboots. Faster, rock-solid performance. Hard to believe. My GF followed my move, and she concurs. It's like getting a new phone.

I know this is correct.

Rocko

Reaction score
Tried Go Launcher, was ok, but kept messing up my display settings randomly and wouldn't let me put circle launcher on the desktop.