Liberty issue

chris.heko

Reaction score
Dim screen, forced reboot

I think we've all made it clear that we're having the same issue regaurdless of what we're running on the phone. Im runnig the stock liberty 1.5, it most frequently happens if i'm using the phone alot with text messages and frequent screen off and on.

So to rephrase my previous comment, the phone freezes/reboots when the screen is being turned on and off frequently.

Ex)send message, lockphone, receive message, unlock phone, reply to message, lock phone, recieve message, try to unlock phone, freeze reboot.

1: Stock GB theme
2: No mods
3: Same issue. Screen is off, I receive a text, write back and shut off screen, receive response, turn screen back on, and then I'll occasionally get the dim screen, resulting in a hang for 20 seconds then a forced reboot.

chris.heko

Reaction score
I use widgetlocker, always have as i find it to be much smoother, do you think that is the source of the problem? btw i haven't had this problem since i set free memory up to 50 like 2 days ago dancedroid[/QUOTE]

I do not use widget locker and it still happens for me... I always use the pattern lock, rather than the rotary or slider lockscreen and it still happens, regardless of the unlock screen choice. I just set the free mem to 50mb and will report results..

stevebalboni

Reaction score
i did a search and was unable to find someone with a similiar issue...

i changed cameras back to the stock and ever since my photo gallery shows only the same photo over and over... i tried different galleries bur same result. i know the photos are there because i looked at them threw the file manager...

Install Liberty again over the top (without a wipe) and see if that fixes your issues

no it did not work....after the installing again i tried the other galleries and same thing...i am going to try and removing all the photos and leaving gallery empty and see if new photos will reset whatever is causing the glitch....

thanks

update...

i removed all photos and videos from phone by hooking up to my pc. i then reinstalled liberty and wiped all data. i took a couple of photos and it was normal again. a few minutes later the issue was back ( gallery shows the same photo over and over) if i go into file manager i see all the photos i took. also my music is not recognized in the music app, i go into file manager and i can search for the music

phone is stock liberty with no changes

suggestions?

kyleshell

Reaction score
1. Gala Theme
2. No mods
3. My keyboard is really acting up! I'll go to press "s" and it will type w,z,e,etc...Basically anything but s! And then sometimes it will just begin to type "ggghhhjgkghghkghkh" on it's own. At time I will turn my screen on and my homescreens will just be going back and forth, shaking and jittering. And then finally my touchscreen will be unresponsive!

I've wiped everything and reflashed 1.5 and it even happens on stock theme. Help!

Reaction score
1. Gingerbread theme
2. No mods

ONLY ROM So far that I have to battery pull, this is getting ridiculous and I rather have blur if this crap is going to happen. I went away from Blackberry so I dont have to battery pull daily. Well I am doing that now on Libirty.

Also I am getting that stupid Black screen/DIM screen/unresponsive phone 1.0 was ok did it a few times but 1.5 its been doing it more then I can count per day.

I am about to go back to stock for this.

This is in no way freedom from my device.

Last edited:

trebb

Reaction score
Then go back to stock or switch to another ROM...no one is making you stay.

chris.heko

Reaction score
1. Stock theme
2. No mods
3. Have tried setting free mem to 50 and 25, both still having freezes and black screen forcing hard reboots. Also, it does not just happen using messaging. Was using Google places and it froze when I pushed get directions. It seems to be more frequently with free mem see to 50 but I don't think that's the real problem. Hoping this helps kejar

stevebalboni

Reaction score
Install Liberty again over the top (without a wipe) and see if that fixes your issues

no it did not work....after the installing again i tried the other galleries and same thing...i am going to try and removing all the photos and leaving gallery empty and see if new photos will reset whatever is causing the glitch....

thanks

update...

i removed all photos and videos from phone by hooking up to my pc. i then reinstalled liberty and wiped all data. i took a couple of photos and it was normal again. a few minutes later the issue was back ( gallery shows the same photo over and over) if i go into file manager i see all the photos i took. also my music is not recognized in the music app, i go into file manager and i can search for the music

phone is stock liberty with no changes

suggestions?

RESOLVED

one of my widgets scan for new media and after scanning all music and photos back to normal

thanks

anrichardson

Reaction score
I took page out of the Fission Rom when installing. I had many of the same issue that some are reporting on multiple threads.

When you install the rom, and after you booted up, do a factory reset. The downside of this is that I had lost Liberty Settings. It would just force close on me. But when you install Liberty Toolbox from market, it fixes itself. Not sure why doing a factory reset loses Liberty Toolbox though.

This could just be a coincidence that everything seems to be working just fine. I am now on Gingerbread Blue theme

OP
G

Gerane

Reaction score
After turning sysctl off and setting mem to 50 I still haven't had the issue. I will keep you updated kejar of it does it again.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Reaction score
well guys I jumped ship, my phone crash and restarted 5 times in an hour. I just cannot have that annoyance. I used nandroid to get back to OTA then factory wiped and redid my apps and data.

Everything works so fluidly, I am just missing the launcher that liberty had. I dont want to run another launcher ontop of blur lol

To the devs: Thanks for the roms and pumping them out , it was fun trying them out, but 1.5 has way too many bugs.

trebb

Reaction score
I have absolutely 0 bugs with 1.5. Maybe you did something wrong.

Also, running another launcher (like LauncherPro or ADW) on top of Blur does absolutely nothing but increase performance... it does not hinder it in any way. Why would you actually want to use the ****ty launcher that comes with Blur?

motospazz

Reaction score
Yes, me too. I have had to start all over with OTA, it was very frustrating to keep randomly crashing. It really didn't matter what i was doing, the screen would go dark and I would have to pull battery.

I will keep an eye on this ROM and maybe come back some day. It's too bad, it was awesome for the first few weeks.