phone bricked beyond bricked

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
it wouldnt let me go to the backup or recovery so i had to flash this sprecovery tool and i dont know where to go from here

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
now my phone is like totally dead....this sucks....i cant even get it to cut on to even go to the sprecovery tool...there any way to charge it?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Sorry had to step away for a bit.....

Turn it off and plug it into the wall. Let it charge for a good long while. When you can get back into recovery plug it into your pc, then go into the mount options and select usb mass storage. Find the rom you want, rename it update and put it on root of your sdcard then in recovery go to the install menu. Select allow update(option 2) screen will blink then option 3 forget the exact wording. Update should run and you should be good to go.

you_scrubb

Reaction score
I had this same problem. The link jstafford1 posted earlier should help u.

Sent from my Droid

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
every time i hit enable usb storage when i back up to go to choose rom from sd it automatically disables it for some reason...and i even tried mounting sd and it does the same thing when i leave the screen this is all under the mount options....it says unable to mount sd card even when i mount it

Last edited:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
You should be choosing .zip from SD while in SPRecovery

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
i done been through all that there is 3 options in that part....choose rom from sd, allow update.zip installation, and install sd card/update.zip file (deprecated)

which one? the first one i named and the third say the same thing cannot mount sd card...the second one just acts like it wants to load or something and just sits there

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
If the file is on your SD and named update.zip you should choose allow update and then install update from sd

OP
stabl4life82

stabl4life82

Reaction score
neverkind i just restored my phone like brand new with one of those files ill start over...i got tired of messing with it...thanks bro