Bricked While Trying to UNroot

Deadpocketss

Reaction score
Alright, so I tried to unroot my Droid 1 using this method and bricked my phone in the process. I was using Ultimate Droid and Clockwork Recovery. I followed the usual installing the "update.zip" from the SD Card and it started installing it but turned off a few seconds in and it won't respond now.

OP
Deadpocketss

Deadpocketss

Reaction score
Plugged it in, no response.
The only time I get any response is if I try to do Bootloader where it tells me "Battery Low Cannot Program"

OP
Deadpocketss

Deadpocketss

Reaction score
It won't light up. The only time it does anything is with the Bootloader. The thing has been plugged in almost all day, I don't see how the battery can be low.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Weak battery. Okay, there are a couple of options here. Do you have a friend you can beg, borrow, or threaten to steal a charge droid battery from? The D2 and the D1 have the same battery.

OP
Deadpocketss

Deadpocketss

Reaction score
I'm borrowing a friends USB cable, so that won't happen. Can you tell me what to do with a charged battery and I'll try it when I get one?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
You pop it in and boot back into the bootloader Make note of if it says code corrupt or not. That's very important.

You don't need a microUSB cable like you're using now; any USB cable will do.

We're at SBF-flashing time if it won't boot into recovery with the fresh battery, but as long as we can get into the bootloader we can try to flash SBF to put the system back to stock.