bootloader , bricked ?

OP
B

bubbs16

Reaction score
haha ya lets help me. This phone has already been like this for 2 weeks. Now i just tried to flash again with a sbf file. i used

VZW_A855_FRG22D_QSC6085BP_C_01.43.01P_SW_UPDATE.sbf with rsde lite and it just fails after switching to bp pass through everytime.

OP
B

bubbs16

Reaction score
or not ? Well i don't know what is going on cause i keep trying to flash the sbf file with rsd lite and always get the same thing. error switching to bp pass through then FAIL 100 %

i have win 7 on 1 machine, windows xp on another. Same story both pcs. its been this way the entire time. How do i get it to switch to bp pass through mode and pass?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is RSDLite trying to reboot or is it not even getting to that point? Are you directly off the USB port on the pc?

Sent from my RZRecovery'd Overclocked, and ROM'd Droid.

OP
B

bubbs16

Reaction score
reboot? no it just says swithing to bp pass through or some ****, hangs for 3-5 minutes, then says 100 % failed flashing process.

I have used both laptop, and desktop pc hooked directly to usb yes.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
bubbs16, it sounds like you're doing pretty much all the right stuff. A nandroid backup can be priceless in moments like this. Hookbill does NOT eat bananas. But before we continue down the .sbf road, does your phone boot into the OS normally? If so, go here on your phone:
menu -> settings -> privacy -> factory data reset
and see if that fixes it. It _probably_ won't since you've already jumped ahead to trying to flash all kinds of .sbf files to your phone, some named, and most probably not.

So the preferred version of RSD Lite for the A855 is 4.6 and the preferred windows is XP. You've stated you're trying the latter, but haven't specified the former. Try the proper version of RSD Lite and let us know.

Now if you already have, well now you know from personal experience how finicky RSD Lite is and why I NEVER recommend it until as a last resort. You can try this (not guaranteed). Uninstall your Motorola drivers and RSD lite. Reboot your computer. Install a good registry cleaner, either ccleaner or auslogics (both free) clean your registry and then reboot. Install Motorola drivers, plug in your phone and let the PC install the rest. Reboot. Install RSD Lite 4.6, then put your phone into bootloader mode, plug it in and let your PC install the flash drivers. Now try using the full flash file that you gave the full name of (the one with FRG22D in the name).

If it still fails, well go to your public library and see if you can't do it there, lol. Or a clean install of windows XP, or another PC, or even get a Linux box and use sbf_flash.

good luck

Last edited: