bootloader , bricked ?

bubbs16

Reaction score
Okay so the other week my phone starts acting up while playing music, freezes and i try to restart it and get logo stuck. So I kept trying and then just got to the point of only seing bootloader. I have read forums on rsd, adb, you name it. This is a Droid 1 . Let me tell you some of the things i have already tried with no luck.

So Rsd lite i have tried like every different version on Windows 7 and Windows Xp machines.I cannot flash the sbf update files they just fail everytime. I can flash Sprecovery and get pass, and also i can flash RZR and pass. I can then boot into both recovery's everytime and not get bootloader. I have tried flashing zips , updates and they flash but when i boot i just get bootloader still. It acts like it wants to boot i see the M logo and then back to bootloader. Is it the wrong bootlaoder maybe ??? im getting the 2c 7 c bootloader.

when my phone broke i had just went from 2.2 to a steel droid custom rom 2.3.3 gingerbread. In fact when i do a wipe all under wipe options it says " may take awhile on gingerbread" This is after i even flash a 2.1 update or 2.2 or anything. I don't understand whats going on anymore. ITs like its not actually flashing the updates im telling it too .

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Okay so the other week my phone starts acting up while playing music, freezes and i try to restart it and get logo stuck. So I kept trying and then just got to the point of only seing bootloader. I have read forums on rsd, adb, you name it. This is a Droid 1 . Let me tell you some of the things i have already tried with no luck.

So Rsd lite i have tried like every different version on Windows 7 and Windows Xp machines.I cannot flash the sbf update files they just fail everytime. I can flash Sprecovery and get pass, and also i can flash RZR and pass. I can then boot into both recovery's everytime and not get bootloader. I have tried flashing zips , updates and they flash but when i boot i just get bootloader still. It acts like it wants to boot i see the M logo and then back to bootloader. Is it the wrong bootlaoder maybe ??? im getting the 2c 7 c bootloader.

when my phone broke i had just went from 2.2 to a steel droid custom rom 2.3.3 gingerbread. In fact when i do a wipe all under wipe options it says " may take awhile on gingerbread" This is after i even flash a 2.1 update or 2.2 or anything. I don't understand whats going on anymore. ITs like its not actually flashing the updates im telling it too .

What does it say on the bootloader screen

OP
B

bubbs16

Reaction score
most times it just says
Bootloader
2c.7c
battery ok
ok to program
connect usb
data cable

when i try to flash a actual rom sbf with rsd lite and it fails it wil say file curropt . then i cant get into sprecovery when it says that.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
most times it just says
Bootloader
2c.7c
battery ok
ok to program
connect usb
data cable

when i try to flash a actual rom sbf with rsd lite and it fails it wil say file curropt . then i cant get into sprecovery when it says that.

Ok you're definitely not bricked I think you're jusT using the wrong sbf...google "root droid one regardless of os version" and use the sbf there. Sorry I'm on the road or I'd link it for you

OP
B

bubbs16

Reaction score
use what sbf ??? the first link you posted had sbf file and a update file. I did that already and it didn't work . I mean the sprecovery worked and it flashed the update but it didnt fix.

Your new link has like 6 options , i dont know what one to do ? I think im just using the wrong recovery file, update combination to be honest.

So i used the first link which was root droid regardless of version . it had a sbf file that i used . Now what do i do ? what sbf file do you want me to use, ands what update file

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dude....just google Droid 1 sbf. I did this last night....found file....SBF'd D1....sent back to VZW today.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
use what sbf ??? the first link you posted had sbf file and a update file. I did that already and it didn't work . I mean the sprecovery worked and it flashed the update but it didnt fix.

Your new link has like 6 options , i dont know what one to do ? I think im just using the wrong recovery file, update combination to be honest.

So i used the first link which was root droid regardless of version . it had a sbf file that i used . Now what do i do ? what sbf file do you want me to use, ands what update file

Just sbf back to stock...google for a working sbf

OP
B

bubbs16

Reaction score
okay ill try, just remember i have tried every version of Rsd lite and it never completes, it always fails . i used that sprecovery you gave me in the first link it was like MC1_A855_1282081087_Recovery-Only_SPRecovery_0.99.3b.sbf

So that passes always the reovery sbf pass. Now whenever i try to flash it with like a VZW_A855_FRG22D_QSC6085BP_C_01.43.01P_SW_UPDATE.sbf or VZW_A855_ESD56_QSC6085BP_C_01.3E.01P_SW_UPDATE_03.sbf. it just FAILS everytime. IT will not pass.

zachdroid

Reaction score
As long as it's for a D1 any will do.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums