Phandroid leaks first Gingerbread Details

bigee1212

Reaction score
hardware acceleration would be awesome especially if it does end up coming to D1... im a sucker for iOS eye candy, but i love android! a mix would be amazing.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
If they do get hardware acceleration on there then the resource demands for the app drawer goes down, correct? More likely to have the 3D drawer. (Wishful thinking, I know, but I loved it!) :)

2005CTS

Reaction score
I wonder if the DINC HD will launch with ginger bread now that it has been delayed? What other phones will launch with 2.3?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wonder if the DINC HD will launch with ginger bread now that it has been delayed? What other phones will launch with 2.3?
I know I won't be purchasing a new phone unless it's loaded with GB... it's so close, and now that devices have been pushed til after the 1st of the year I see no reason why they shouldn't have GB. If I'm gonna have to wait... they can at least get it right :)

2005CTS

Reaction score
I know I won't be purchasing a new phone unless it's loaded with GB... it's so close, and now that devices have been pushed til after the 1st of the year I see no reason why they shouldn't have GB. If I'm gonna have to wait... they can at least get it right :)

Makes you wonder if GB was part of the reason to push the DINC HD. I mean - if you are going to take a great phone and make it better with LTE why not add GB to it and make it the best phone on the market?!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Makes you wonder if GB was part of the reason to push the DINC HD. I mean - if you are going to take a great phone and make it better with LTE why not add GB to it and make it the best phone on the market?!
one can only hope, but if it releases with 2.2 I'm looking into the next device... I don't feel like waiting for an update to GB since I already have to wait for a device :)

wolfpack219

Reaction score
I really hope they release GB,2.3 or whatever it's being called for my original Droid! I paid full price for this thing so it would be nice to keep it up to date.dancedroid

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
All I can say is I wish they'd get rid of that ugly ass launcher, that thing sucks. At least go with 4 icons and make it transparent so it's not sticking out like an elephant in a bathtub.

kennydied23

Reaction score
I really hope they release GB,2.3 or whatever it's being called for my original Droid! I paid full price for this thing so it would be nice to keep it up to date.dancedroid

If you rooted, you WILL get it. And surprisingly, Motorola still has more froyo updates to release for the Droid 1, so they may go ahead and put gingerbread on it.

wolfpack219

Reaction score

If you rooted, you WILL get it. And surprisingly, Motorola still has more froyo updates to release for the Droid 1, so they may go ahead and put gingerbread on it.

Well I'm not rooted though I used to be on my last D1. I just found it to be too much of a pain and the difference in performance wasn't that much better in my case. Anyhow, ya it would be awesome to get the update for Gingerbread but you mentioned updates for 2.2.... any knowledge of what those updates will do?

kennydied23

Reaction score
There's the FRG83 to be released for the Droid 1. It's been leaked Motorola issued a C&D letter to take it down. But to answer your question...I have no idea what the latest update changes.

wolfpack219

Reaction score
There's the FRG83 to be released for the Droid 1. It's been leaked Motorola issued a C&D letter to take it down. But to answer your question...I have no idea what the latest update changes.

Oh ok got it! Thanks for the reply!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Well I'm not rooted though I used to be on my last D1. I just found it to be too much of a pain and the difference in performance wasn't that much better in my case. Anyhow, ya it would be awesome to get the update for Gingerbread but you mentioned updates for 2.2.... any knowledge of what those updates will do?

Simply rooting your Droid won't provide any speed benefit. Have to overclock, etc. :)

However, if Moto won't release Gingerbread to the D1 you might have to root again.

Come back to the Dark Side. We have cookies! And soon, very soon, we'll have Gingerbread Droids running around. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!dancedroiddancedroid