Reaction score
I think it's a secret code... just look at the URL he posted - .../qPfd

q=17th letter of alphabet
P=16th letter
f=6th letter
d=4th letter

that's 171664

convert those individually back to letters and you get agaffd

rearrange agaffd and you get dagaff... Droid Acquires Gingerbread After Fall Finishes

What's the first official day of winter? Dec 21st?

There you go... blatantly obvious.

:icon_eek:

You have WAY too much time on your hands! LOL!

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

P=16th letter
f=6th letter
d=4th letter

that's 171664

rearrange agaffd and you get dagaff... Droid Acquires Gingerbread After Fall Finishes

Did you really get all that yourself? That's some Beautiful Mind type stuff right there. Are you a code breaker for the CIA?

just trying to make a nerdy joke playing on the whole misinformation/rumor thing... though i did get a little stuck on coming up with wording for the acronym! :)

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

P=16th letter
f=6th letter
d=4th letter

that's 171664

Just... ...... gimmie some of whatever your having.. lol that was great!

Last edited:
OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Google Shuts Down Gingerbread Rumors

On 07.02.10, In News, by Kellex

Well, Wednesday’s Gingerbread rumors have officially been shut down by one of Google’s lead Android techs. (All Droid 1 users please exhale.) In a series of tweets yesterday, Dan Morril went off about the latest Android 3.0 rumors, reminding anyone who would listen that “rumors are not official announcements” and that we all “shouldn’t believe everything we read.

Nice reminders Mr. Morril. Sometimes we all get a little too excited when news about the next Android OS is floating around in the wild. We just love us some Android baby. And man are we excited to hear that our Droid 1 will still have a chance at some Gingerbread love.

Oh and hat tip to Koush for calling out the original source immediately.

Who’s throwing the party this morn

droid-forums.com

Last edited:

HarshReality

Reaction score
Well.. you can't believe all rumors but seriously can't think that android is going to support Droid 1 indefinitely ..

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Captmilk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jntowers

P=16th letter
f=6th letter
d=4th letter

that's 171664

Really?....That just made my mudane friday....thanks hahaha

aayoo

Reaction score
Anyone even know who this guy is?

Dan Morrill Calls Foul On Whoever Started That Gingerbread Rumor

by Quentyn Kennemer on July 2nd, 2010

Ouch! While we’re fairly familiar with rumors we report on being debunked by spokespersons, PR representatives, and the like, there’s something different about it coming from one of the most respected Googlers on the Android side of the old ‘plex.

Dan Morrill was a little more than fed up with whoever started the rumor about “Android 3.0 (Gingerbread)” the other day. He was so upset that he took it straight to Twitter (in case you didn’t know, Twitter rants are pretty hardcore) to call them out directly. Choice quotes? Don’t mind if I do.
I love it when people just make stuff up and report it as news. Android 3.0 Gingerbread details: 1280×760 resolution, 1Ghz minimum specs, mid-Oct. release Unwired View
@Adontai You shouldn’t believe everything you read, no.
In summary, please remember that rumors are not official announcements. ;)
I can make up crap, too. Check it out — NEXT ANDROID PHONE: http://goo.gl/qPfd REVOLUTIONARY 1-BUTTON OPERATION
Alright, so perhaps he wasn’t THAT stern, but you get his point: it’s not true. Of course, that really doesn’t tell us anything. Even though these rumors did appear to come out of nowhere and sounded pretty out of this world, Morrill could just be trying to throw sand into a flame that wasn’t ready to be lit yet. Just sayin’. For now, we’ll take his word for it (because, well, he’s just that awesome).

Dan Morrill Calls Foul On Whoever Started That Gingerbread Rumor | Android Phone Fans

This may have been a sigh of relief to those stock, but root users should have never broke a sweat. I'll be with my droid until May 2011, and with all of these devices dropping in the 4th quarter and first of 2011, looks to be perfect timing. I'm willing to bet we'll see gingerbread on a rooted droid before most of the devices the os is targeted for. I've never underestimated the power of the motodroid development community.

bassjason

Reaction score
How does Verizon handle upgrades? I have until Dec 2011 on my contract, does this mean I'm stuck paying full price for any phone till then? Do they offer any upgrade deals for extending contracts or anything?

Phoenixwind

Reaction score
How does Verizon handle upgrades? I have until Dec 2011 on my contract, does this mean I'm stuck paying full price for any phone till then? Do they offer any upgrade deals for extending contracts or anything?

Small fee after 12 months + new 2 year contract, the fee ranges from 25-50 or so depending on how long you've had the phone over 12 months.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
With the carriers I've been with the contract end date and upgrade eligigility date aren't necessarily the same thing (especially if you have a high ARPU account and a manager has discretion).

fenriswolf039

Reaction score
Wow...

I think it's pretty funny that someone would take the time and effort to start a rumor on the internet.

I also think it's even funnier that people buy into it.

The funniest part of all is when people get into arguments over it.

I'm happy with the capabilities of the Droid, it's the best phone I've ever had... If I get a new operating system, great. If not, also great.

Whatever.dancedroid

AlDoes

Reaction score
With the carriers I've been with the contract end date and upgrade eligigility date aren't necessarily the same thing (especially if you have a high ARPU account and a manager has discretion).

What is an ARPU account? I just bought my droid a few months back so it will be a little over a year before I can upgrade but I would like to upgrade is a better version came out?

alex408123

Reaction score
Ill be waiting for the beast to come out... Droid Pro will be insane!