Android Gingerbread Roundup - Nov 11th Release?

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
I could see the Droid 1 not getting Gingerbread if it was still being called 3.0, but the fact that it's now 2.3 makes me think it's more of an upgrade closer from Froyo as opposed to a truly new version with higher specs.

I mean, the Nexus One is getting Gingerbread. Why not the Droid 1?

if what i read is correct....its because they say they want gingerbread to run on speedier processors. 800mhz+

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I could see the Droid 1 not getting Gingerbread if it was still being called 3.0, but the fact that it's now 2.3 makes me think it's more of an upgrade closer from Froyo as opposed to a truly new version with higher specs.

I mean, the Nexus One is getting Gingerbread. Why not the Droid 1?
Also, because the nexus one is more of a developer phone :)...its like their testing phone

Sent from my DROID2

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Does that mean I can finally root my D1 and not worry about blocking updates to it?

turdbogls

Reaction score
Does that mean I can finally root my D1 and not worry about blocking updates to it?

if you were rooted, you could ALWAYS get the latest version of android before it would be pushed to the phone...not even sure why you wouldn't root now.

there is one thing about 2.2 that i hate, and that is the home screen redraws. i (and many others) have tried to fix this issue to no avail. tried the terminal fix, tried compcache fix, different launchers...nothing fixed it. it is better than before, but not perfect.
2.1 was great about this...something i didn't even think about on 2.1....but now with 2.2 i have to worry about it every time i hit the home button. this looks bad for the android OS. i almost feel ashamed to show my friends 2.2 because of this.

ArrTooDeeToo

Reaction score
Which is why I hope they wait until Honeycomb to bump up the minimum specs. I hate the homescreen lag and I feel like we deserve a fix. Since we haven't heard any details about specs, anything could happen.

If we don't get an update, I think I might finally root.

nubby

Reaction score
Help!!!

I didn't see the same things in layers as you did, so I tried to uninstall the update and reinstall. Now I am stuck in uninstalling...
I can't get it to stop uninstalling.
Tried to clear data, cache, battery pull, any suggestions?

DoctorDeDroid

Reaction score
Which is why I hope they wait until Honeycomb to bump up the minimum specs. I hate the homescreen lag and I feel like we deserve a fix. Since we haven't heard any details about specs, anything could happen.

If we don't get an update, I think I might finally root.

Roger that!
I've not rooted, but I'm very intrigued by the entire process. I was waiting for the warranty on my d1 to expire I guess. Not getting the update is a sufficient reason for me to pull the plug and take a chance.

Goodbye amazon mp3 store! (Unless the d1 DOES get the update perhaps :))

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Take the plunge, so easy to unroot for warranty. Just a matter of getting a master of the OTA update to unroot. So many ways to root, pick one and run.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App