Android 2.3 OTA Heading to the Nexus One?

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
android23-tweet.jpg

You just have to love twitter for 1 liners that can be so important and get us so excited, especially on a Monday morning. Today BGR runs across a tweet from Alvaro Fuentes Vasquez a part of the Leadership team and usability at Open Handset Aliance |Google Andoid according to Linkedln.

The tweet is published in Español, but translate to something along the lines of: Prepare your Nexus One (Developer version) for Android OTA update 2.3 (Gingerbread) for the next few days :-D

This seems to fall in line with are front page story from yesterday: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/95223-android-gingerbread-roundup-nov-11th-release.html

Source: Nexus One getting Android 2.3 OTA this week? | BGR

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Exciting as always now if I could just hear that I need to prepare my Original Droid for Android 2.3 :wink:

Sent from my Droid

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Exciting as always now if I could just hear that I need to prepare my Original Droid for Android 2.3 :wink:

Sent from my Droid
I'll settle for a ROM :)

I'm gonna upgrade devices soon anyway

droidman101

Reaction score
Yah, although this won't be that major of an update, maybe some ui changes.
I'm surprised that my high school spanish allowed to to read that too, lol

DanielC

Reaction score

Sent from my Droid

According to my buddy at Moto (he does broadcasting, not phones but is in the test pool) there are plans for a "major update" to the moto droid. He did not deny or confirm if its Gingerbread but at the very least moto is definitely still supporting the D1 :greendroid:

captclueless

Reaction score
My coworker got an update to his droid 2 the other day and came over to show it to me. It said it was updating to version 2.3.something. What is the deal with that?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My coworker got an update to his droid 2 the other day and came over to show it to me. It said it was updating to version 2.3.something. What is the deal with that?

It was 2.3.2 which is a motorola update. I know its confusing.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

turdbogls

Reaction score
i was wondering that as well....seems the 2.3.xx update for the DX and D2 is something from motorola...with moto/ninja Blur adding the .3 to it. it is differetn than 2.3 directly from google.