Phandroid leaks first Gingerbread Details

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
android-gingerbread-nexus1.png

Who's hungry for some gingerbread? I certainly am! Today Phandroid posts the first details on the future version of Android OS aka Gingerbread. You can't tell much by the blurry photo above, but it's a shot of the Nexus one running the new OS. One of the most significant changes in the upcoming version is rumored to be a graphical overhaul of the interface with redesigned icons, more green and warmer colors. I know some good themers if they need some ideas :)

Not only is Google concentrating on looks, but wanting to change the overall feel of apps to seem more integrated with the OS instead of just add-ons. A complete youtube overhaul is expected that might take some new features from Google TV such as "lean back". We could also see a new Google Video chat icon appearing in the list of apps that is very similar to the desktop version. Now I can see why some of these tablet manufactures might be holding off until this is actually released. Head on over to Phandroid.com to get all the details!

Source: [Exclusive] First Android Gingerbread Details | Android Phone Fans

Krish

Reaction score
Looks pretty much like the old 2.2 from what I see. Hope its not.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Sounds like it may appeal to the sense crowd . Should be interesting.

Sent from my Droid

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

My thoughts exactly. I really hope its different

That is a pic of the homescreen. They are meant to be pretty much blank so you can add what you want. Otherwise, I don't see where your assumtion comes from. Everything looks different to me..

Sent from my Droid

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

My thoughts exactly. I really hope its different

That is a pic of the homescreen. They are meant to be pretty much blank so you can add what you want. Otherwise, I don't see where your assumtion comes from. Everything looks different to me..

Sent from my Droid
People fail to read is why. Article clearly talks about the differences.

Sent from my Droid

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dan.

The first sentence under the photo in the link to Phandroid clarifies "snapshot of this thing in the wild is as blurry as blurry can get, but we’re working on getting more. At first glance, the graphical changes will be especially noticeable on the notification bar"

noisufnoc

Reaction score
I dont care if the UI is the same as FroYo, I like to hear about the internal improvements and things like GVoice over WiFi and Video in GTalk.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Oh my goodness....is the task bar no longer - gasp - white?!? The humanity!!!

thedefectkid

Reaction score
Glad to see all the improvements. If you look real close you can see an itunes app. LOL

kennydied23

Reaction score
The article says Hardware Acceleration could possibly be in Gingerbread. If Android could be as smooth as iOS, I'd just die.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
My question:

Will Google or Motorola put the 3D app drawer back from the early FroYo leaks for the Droid 1? I loved that.
Idk. The 3D app drawer is a resource hog. Maybe with these newer devices with better hardware they might consider it.
Glad to see all the improvements. If you look real close you can see an itunes app. LOL
Um, WHERE??
The article says Hardware Acceleration could possibly be in Gingerbread. If Android could be as smooth as iOS, I'd just die.
Agreed. This would help significantly. I can't wait for this redone UI.