Android 3.0 Gingerbread Details Emerge

joeLENN1012

Reaction score
Alright can someone tell me if the droid X will get gingerbread or not????????????????

joeLENN1012

Reaction score
Sure? Because I want the X but if its not going to get 3.0 I dont want it

joeLENN1012

Reaction score
Good news thanks then....Just wondering though....Any big android phones coming out soon besides the galaxy s and the rumored droid2?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good news thanks then....Just wondering though....Any big android phones coming out soon besides the galaxy s and the rumored droid2?
Every 4-6months you'll see the "next big phone".
Just get what you like now... if you wait, you'll wait forever. There will always be new devices coming out.

joeLENN1012

Reaction score
Yea I agree with you...I have the moto droid but I never use the keyboard and the Droid X see more multimedia and more for me

lilhill

Reaction score
What are people going to do with their old droids when they're not worth anything on the used market and we've all upgraded already.

I have a razr and an lg chocolate just sitting in a drawer, the droid is too cool to do that with. Maybe leave it around the house and jump on wifi? dunno, it'll be sad to put away such an awesome device for good.

It'll be going to my fiance lol.

Ditto... (or DROID-O haha)

lilhill

Reaction score
Every 4-6months you'll see the "next big phone".
Just get what you like now... if you wait, you'll wait forever. There will always be new devices coming out.

Agreed, but I feel like it might be worth waiting til the end of the year to get a more beastly phone than the X. I feel like the phones then will be more future proof (stealing a term someone used earlier :p)...

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Agreed, but I feel like it might be worth waiting til the end of the year to get a more beastly phone than the X. I feel like the phones then will be more future proof (stealing a term someone used earlier :p)...

Yeah, assuming it has LTE that's a LOT of power and capability that we seem a long way off from making obsolete.

Dual core or 2ghz and 1gig of ram...seems like you'd have to get into full-blown spreadsheets, video editing and games to push the limits, none of which sounds particularly appealing on a small cell phone screen.

I actually feel an overclocked Droid would hold its own for a long time if not for the lousy 256mg ram.