OTA Updates Possible Before The 11th?

m@tt

Reaction score
Got mine this morning. Do we know what was updated. Far as I can tell right now the unlock screen changed.

glamtek666

Reaction score
HURRY UP ALL READY!!!! THIS IS KILLING ME! :icon_ devil: (my impatience is particularly ridiculous considering I'm a recovering Storm user!)

m@tt

Reaction score
Not sure if this is posted, but here are the update list

The following enhancements to the Droid by Motorola have been made:
x
[FONT=Wingdings 2,Wingdings 2][FONT=Wingdings 2,Wingdings 2]x[/FONT][/FONT]OS stability is improved.
x
[FONT=Wingdings 2,Wingdings 2][FONT=Wingdings 2,Wingdings 2]x[/FONT][/FONT]Battery life is improved.
x
[FONT=Wingdings 2,Wingdings 2][FONT=Wingdings 2,Wingdings 2]x[/FONT][/FONT]Camera auto focus functionality is improved, and time between shots is reduced.
x
[FONT=Wingdings 2,Wingdings 2][FONT=Wingdings 2,Wingdings 2]x[/FONT][/FONT]Enhancements for three-way calling.
x
[FONT=Wingdings 2,Wingdings 2][FONT=Wingdings 2,Wingdings 2]x[/FONT][/FONT]Audio for incoming calls is improved.
x
[FONT=Wingdings 2,Wingdings 2][FONT=Wingdings 2,Wingdings 2]x[/FONT][/FONT]When receiving a call on call waiting, the speakerphone now remains on.
x
[FONT=Wingdings 2,Wingdings 2][FONT=Wingdings 2,Wingdings 2]x[/FONT][/FONT]Bluetooth® functionality is improved; background echo is eliminated.
x
[FONT=Wingdings 2,Wingdings 2][FONT=Wingdings 2,Wingdings 2]x[/FONT][/FONT]Improved Bluetooth phone book transfer of contacts to in-vehicle Bluetooth solutions.
x
[FONT=Wingdings 2,Wingdings 2][FONT=Wingdings 2,Wingdings 2]x[/FONT][/FONT]After closing a GPS application, the GPS icon will now automatically be removed from the notification panel.
x
[FONT=Wingdings 2,Wingdings 2][FONT=Wingdings 2,Wingdings 2]x[/FONT][/FONT]Users can now receive SMS and MMS messages after an EMS message is received.
x
[FONT=Wingdings 2,Wingdings 2][FONT=Wingdings 2,Wingdings 2]x[/FONT][/FONT]SMS and MMS may now be sent to seven-digit addresses.
x
[FONT=Wingdings 2,Wingdings 2][FONT=Wingdings 2,Wingdings 2]x[/FONT][/FONT]Google® contact merging has been updated to accommodate seven-digit numbers.
x
[FONT=Wingdings 2,Wingdings 2][FONT=Wingdings 2,Wingdings 2]x[/FONT][/FONT]Visual Voice Mail notices now arrive instantaneously. • The corporate calendar widget user interface is updated.

Slothead

Reaction score
I just got my Droid two days ago and just figured out how to check the firmware version. Mine says "2.0" Do I have the update? Shouldn't it say "2.0.1"?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just got my Droid two days ago and just figured out how to check the firmware version. Mine says "2.0" Do I have the update? Shouldn't it say "2.0.1"?

Correct. It will say 2.0.1 when you have the updated firmware on your device.

huskur

Reaction score

Once you get the update it will indeed say "2.0.1"

I am still waiting for my update.....but a friend of mine has had the update occur already on his droid and it says 2.0.1. Mine on the other hand still says 2.0 :(

paokfutbol

Reaction score
clock off-center??

I got my update here in Columbus, Ohio about 7:30 a.m., and the clock on the lock screen is off-center, and it's driving me nuts!

anyone else have this issue, or is it just a glitch in my update??? what can i do to fix it?

tourtelot

Reaction score
Is there an official "change log" anywhere? I can't find one.

Regards,

D.

pdpotter

Reaction score
My router works fine for my Macintosh and my son-in-law's iPhone. Also works fine for my Windows laptop. The router broadcasts the SSID. the signal strength is 3-4 bars. Droid says we have a connection. Then it fails.

We're probably getting off-topic here, but I really would like some help.

did it work with the Droid ok before?... if so... totally delete your SSID connection to your router from the Droid, then reestablish it as if its a brand new connection and see if it renegotiates with the new settings.
How do I delete an existing WiFi account. I can tell the Droid to "forget" it and then create a new one, but I'm not sure the old one is gone. After creating a new account, the original disappears.

The weird thing, to me, is that Droid tells me I am connected--I even see the strength indicator at the top of the screen--but I cannot use the connection.

tanev

Reaction score
This really sucks. I still don't have the update. I got the device on Nov. 6th (release date). I am in Houston, TX. Other people from Houston got it already. Does anybody know if hard reset would trigger download od the new firmware?
Thanks,
Peter

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
This really sucks. I still don't have the update. I got the device on Nov. 6th (release date). I am in Houston, TX. Other people from Houston got it already. Does anybody know if hard reset would trigger download od the new firmware?
Thanks,
Peter

Nope, that won't cause you to get it any faster. Just go through the manual update steps if you can't wait for it to be pushed OTA to your phone.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone in the Pacific NW get theirs? Are the 200,000 selected randomly or by region?
randomly... we didn't really find a rhyme or reason.
Thanks,
Peter
No it won't... it's pushed to your device when they send it... no way to fast track it... unless you do the manual update :)