HTC DROID Eris OTA Update

OP
Stigy

Stigy

Reaction score
The HTC Eris is still running Android 1.5, which doesn't support Google turn-by-turn navigation at this moment.

The Eris should (will?) be getting Android 2.0 in early 2010 which will be a HUGE update and include everything that is on the DROID right now.

ref227

Reaction score
After the update, I can no longer use the finger drag to unlock the screen? I have to press menu. Anyone else have this problem?

tranquilo

Reaction score
After the update, I can no longer use the finger drag to unlock the screen? I have to press menu. Anyone else have this problem?

Yeah I had the same issue. Turns out you now have to drag from the actual 'unlock' bar not just anywhere on the screen as before. The animations is nifty but I preferred it as it was. Ah, well...gunna change again next month when 2.x comes out anyway.

Artietude

Reaction score

Ditto for me. Found the update waiting for me this morning, and I got all excited because I thought it was the BIG update. Oh well!

kyfry85

Reaction score
I got the update this past Sunday and I've noticed a little bit of a difference. My phone was pretty good from the get to. The only I had was the battery life but I was told to try to retrain the battery by letting it die then charging it back up. I did this for three days straight and I an improvement in my battery life. I hope that will help some of you.