1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

HTC DROID Eris OTA Update

Discussion in 'Android News' started by Stigy, Dec 9, 2009.

1. Stigy

Stigy New Member

[​IMG]

Do you have an HTC Eris and feel left out from all the Motorola DROIDs getting OTA updates? Well fret no more because one for you is on the way.

Verizon just let us know that an OTA update for the HTC DROID Eris is being pushed to handsets at about midnight this evening. The ROM is 1.16.605.1 and the radio version is 2.32.40.11.09 for those inquiring minds. Just as Motorola’s OTA update worked, the DROID Eris will as well — slowly to a small group of people, then expanding over the coming days. Here’s a brief list of some of the fixes and you can always check the documentation on Verizon’s site.

• While on a call and the device is in screensaver mode, pressing the End key now takes the device out of screensaver mode, and a second press will end the call.
    • On-call mute and speakerphone icon functionality is enhanced.
    • Upgraded functionality after activation eliminates the delay users were experiencing in receiving their first call.
    • Device now switches effectively from 1x mode to 3G.
    • Device no longer requires users to reselect a default email after power cycling.
    • SMS and MMS messaging delivery is improved.
    • Eighty-character MMS/SMS message subject lines are now allowed
    • Improved picture messaging functionality allows messages from LG phones to be opened.

Click here for the PDF link.

Thanks to Boy Genius Report for the story.
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
  2. bbcrackman

bbcrackman Beta Team

This is good to here! Thanks for letting us know. Now that my Eris will be here tomorrow it will give me something to do to it too. Droid was taking all my time now I will have to split it between the two....
  3. crazy650

crazy650 New Member

New update as of tonight!!!!

Keeping you all up to date:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_eek::icon_ devil:

Verizon just let us know that an OTA update for the HTC DROID Eris is being pushed to handsets at about midnight this evening. The ROM is 1.16.605.1 and the radio version is 2.32.40.11.09 for those inquiring minds. Just as Motorola’s OTA update worked, the DROID Eris will as well — slowly to a small group of people, then expanding over the coming days. Here’s a brief list of some of the fixes and you can always check the documentation on Verizon’s site.
    • While on a call and the device is in screensaver mode, pressing the
    • End key now takes the device out of screensaver mode, and a second press will end the call.
    • On-call mute and speakerphone icon functionality is enhanced.
    • Upgraded functionality after activation eliminates the delay users were experiencing in receiving their first call.
    • Device now switches effectively from 1x mode to 3G.
    • Device no longer requires users to reselect a default email after power-cycling.
    • SMS and MMS messaging delivery is improved.
    • Eighty-character MMS/SMS message subject lines are now allowed
    • Improved picture messaging functionality allows messages from LG phones to be opened.
    PDF if you like to read it http://learning.verizonwireless.com/learning/Droid_Eris_Sofware_Update.pdf
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  4. Grimster

Grimster New Member

Just got the update on my Eris. Popup window came out of nowhere asking to install. Took 10mins to download and install.

Still Android 1.5

Still testing it out....
  5. crazy650

crazy650 New Member

im waiting for my update )=
  6. cap10mark

cap10mark New Member

I read the .pdf from VZW and it says nothing about a battery life improvement :(
  7. crazy650

crazy650 New Member

kinda was wishing the same im sure they well come out with a better battry i hope
  8. emscapt47

emscapt47 New Member

Well after all this talk about a battery update in the software there had better be one soon...I am thinking if there is not a new battery or update or something real soon iam going back to my BB....lol...
  9. Wolfdroid

Wolfdroid New Member

I'm still waiting for the update, shame the battery issue is being skipped this time around.
  10. Stigy

Stigy New Member

11. cap10mark

cap10mark New Member

No gps mapping?
  12. F4ion1

F4ion1 New Member

Any way to force the update like with the DROID?
  13. crazy650

crazy650 New Member

dought it never know though
  14. noles200

noles200 New Member

Not working on something to help improve the battery is terrible. They need to do something. I know this is an intense device but the battery life should get you thru a day. Mine does not. May have to go back to Droid just because of that. :(

Don't mind waiting for 2.0/2.1 but don't know how long I can hold out for battery issue.
  15. 3nd0Man

3nd0Man New Member

Got the update pushed out to my Eris yesterday. I was excited when the notification came up. Was this the rumored Dec 11th update that was spread around the Internet? There definitely isn't any Google maps turn by turn and the features pdf doesn't indicate anything regarding yahoo mail, both of which were features in the rumored update.
    If this is the only update until the 2010 Q1 update, I gotta admit that I'm disappointed.
  16. Stigy

Stigy New Member

The HTC Eris is still running Android 1.5, which doesn't support Google turn-by-turn navigation at this moment.

The Eris should (will?) be getting Android 2.0 in early 2010 which will be a HUGE update and include everything that is on the DROID right now.
  17. ref227

ref227 New Member

After the update, I can no longer use the finger drag to unlock the screen? I have to press menu. Anyone else have this problem?
  18. tranquilo

tranquilo New Member

Yeah I had the same issue. Turns out you now have to drag from the actual 'unlock' bar not just anywhere on the screen as before. The animations is nifty but I preferred it as it was. Ah, well...gunna change again next month when 2.x comes out anyway.
  19. ref227

ref227 New Member

Thanks, that helped. U rock.
  20. Artietude

Artietude New Member

Ditto for me. Found the update waiting for me this morning, and I got all excited because I thought it was the BIG update. Oh well!