After a False Start Verizon Teases Another OTA ICS 4.0.4 update on the Galaxy Nexus

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ics-new-version-update-vzw-gnex.png

Last Thursday, Verizon offered the manual install download of the ICS 4.0.4 update for their version of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. They teased that the OTA update would start, but that turned out to be a false start. Now, they are teasing yet again, with an update "Coming Soon" sign on their webpage. If this actually happens this time, it will bring the build to version IMM76K. Supposedly it will start rolling out today, which is what they suggested last week. For any of our users who start receiving the update, please sound off in the forums so we can all get off this merry-go-round.

It makes you wonder why the delayed it to begin with...

Source: Verizon

bacK_N_87

Reaction score
Does the Sprint version run 4.0.4.? Also I think its pretty safe that Verizon will never have another nexus. Maybe not never lol.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
WTH

Email, Messaging & Data+ Email messages will display properly when the text size is set to large.
+ When sending a multimedia message to an Outlook email address, the file extension
will send, allowing the recipient to successfully open an image.
+ Successfully deleted emails on the device will be deleted from the desktop as well.
+ Successfully send text messages without experiencing network connectivity issues.
Applications
+ When viewing a Calendar reminder or appointment, you will now be able to view the full
notes associated with the appointment.
+ A down arrow has been added in the Calendar application that will expand the calendar
message body, allowing you to view the entire message.
Device Features
+ Successfully turn on Wi-Fi using the Power Control widget.
+ Updates have been made to prevent the display from freezing or becoming unresponsive.
+ Complete calls without experiencing choppy audio, clicking noises and one-way audio noises.
+ Succesfully access Voicemail and other automated systems without error.

I never had any of these issues, except maybe texting, but I figured out that I should either text when I have no signal, or when I have a signal, not when the device is trying to find a signal. Other than that, non of the above "issues" I have...issue with.

This is what I would like though:

1. Ability to select 4G only mode (as opposed to 3G/4G or 3G only)
2. Improved reception
3. Improved battery life

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nothin here in the Tar Heel State.I called VZW earlier and talked with a rep and tech @ same time and update was not found in system.:blink:

combatmedic870

Reaction score
WTH

I never had any of these issues, except maybe texting, but I figured out that I should either text when I have no signal, or when I have a signal, not when the device is trying to find a signal. Other than that, non of the above "issues" I have...issue with.

This is what I would like though:

1. Ability to select 4G only mode (as opposed to 3G/4G or 3G only)
2. Improved reception
3. Improved battery life

Add to that the multi touch issues for games.

captclueless

Reaction score
Must say, phone seems to be running alot nicer now. The android OS is only using 4% now instead of the 21 it was using. Battery life seems improved and so does signal strength.