Verizon Finally Releases Android 4.0.4 Update for their Samsung Galaxy Nexus

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
11-Verizon-Galaxy-Nexus-Press-shots.jpg

Verizon users of the Samsung Galaxy Nexus will be pleased to know that Big Red has finally consented to let the newest version update to Ice Cream Sandwich, version 4.0.4, start rolling out to customers. It's been almost six months in coming, but was likely held up by Verizon for unknown reasons. Google certainly has had newer versions available for some time now. The official build for this one is IMM76K, and should be available OTA starting today.

Source: PhoneArena

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I thought Google had control over the update launches without the need for Verizon to do anything about it. Is that how it used to be and has since changed?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I thought Google had control over the update launches without the need for Verizon to do anything about it. Is that how it used to be and has since changed?

Google updates GSM phones. They can't OTA CDMA phones. The binaries must be signed by Verizon. If Google OTA'd us we wouldn't be able to make calls or use data.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
verizon cleared this already??? really??? man... they are on the ball...haha... i've been running 4.0.4 in one form or several others since i had phone for... six hours :)

baldybill

Reaction score
Is there a way to just install the new radios?
If so, where can I find the files for that?

Thanks. I have a rooted 4.0.4 IMM30B and really don't want to downgrade to 4.0.2 and then back to this version of 4.0.4 unless I have to.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to just install the new radios?
If so, where can I find the files for that?

Thanks. I have a rooted 4.0.4 IMM30B and really don't want to downgrade to 4.0.2 and then back to this version of 4.0.4 unless I have to.

Check rootz wiki. They have a patch file. If you go to the Galaxy Nexus General Discussions on this forum, I linked to it in one of the recent threads. On tapatalk now so can't do links easily.

Caesars

Reaction score
Congratulations guys! Hopefully this fixes whatever issues people had.

JJDH

Reaction score
That's funny. I called Verizon twice today and they don't have it.......someone is inaccurate

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Google updates GSM phones. They can't OTA CDMA phones. The binaries must be signed by Verizon. If Google OTA'd us we wouldn't be able to make calls or use data.

Question-Were we misled by thinking we were gonna get updates from Google?Honestly,and this is probly my falt-But didnt know Google was only gonna support GSM version.Syndicate0017 just hit me with info I didnt know.

Crankintopwater69

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's funny. I called Verizon twice today and they don't have it.......someone is inaccurate

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
I know,I called yesterday and as you said-its not in their systems,so as my signature says-"Where do we go from here?"

sharpz

Reaction score
update

The update is still not available for me. Has anyone else received it OTA yet?

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Question-Were we misled by thinking we were gonna get updates from Google?Honestly,and this is probly my falt-But didnt know Google was only gonna support GSM version.Syndicate0017 just hit me with info I didnt know.

Google could never have "officially" supported our phones. They believed they would have more cooperation from Verizon than they have received. Google doesn't have access to the CDMA binaries because of patents so Verizon MUST sign the binaries for an OTA to give us calls/data access. The reason Devs can take updated source from Google and compile it into a working ROM is because they use the original signed binaries.