1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Android 4.0.4 is Rolling Out to Select Devices

Discussion in 'Android News' started by cereal killer, Mar 29, 2012.

1. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

News broke yesterday that 4.0.4 was pushing to AOSP, and things have been moving fast. Owners of the UMTS/GSM Nexus S, Xoom Wi-Fi, and HSPA+ Galaxy Nexus devices, will be getting a nice little treat starting today. Google has begun pushing the newest version of ICS to those select handsets and tablets. Keep in mind that Verizons Galaxy Nexus is not on that list and Sprints Nexus S is not on that list. Those two particular handsets should be seing the update in the coming weeks according to Google.

This certainly will not sit well with Verizon Galaxy Nexus owners. Buying the Nexus meant receiving those updates in real time, not weeks or months after, but this is life on Big Reds Network. We will keep on top of this story and bring you the latest on Verizon's update schedule when it becomes available. Verizon Galaxy Nexus owners sound off in the comments. Does this upset you that the LTE Galaxy Nexus is being left out of the current update schedule?

Via: Androidguys
  2. jntdroid

jntdroid Super Moderator Premium Member

This is a repeat of a post I just did in another thread, but in my mind this just shows that Google/Android will pretty much bend over backwards for the carriers, meanwhile Apple (and even Windows Phone to a certain extent) truly seem to have control over their devices. But this is pretty much what Google/Android wanted the whole time anyway...
  3. akhenax

akhenax Well-Known Member

Everytime I see an Ice Cream Sandwich on DF I get hungry for one. They all just look so tempting!
    3 people like this.
  4. AuxiliaryPie

AuxiliaryPie New Member

most of us have been on 4.0.4 for a month or two, thats why a lot of us got a Nexus :)
  5. MickeyG

MickeyG New Member

LTE = Less Than Excellent.
  6. rowdyguy124

rowdyguy124 New Member

As long as I am not waiting 3-4 weeks for updates I won't be upset. If it's a lenghty delay then I'm not going to be too thrilled. I want it on my GNex and Transformer Prime.
  7. Zael

Zael New Member

As somebody who purchased a galaxy nexus because I wanted to have the latest and greatest from Google, I am extremely disappointed. I won't be too upset if the delay is a week or so, but if other devices (transformer prime) start getting 4.0.4 before me, then I have to wonder what the point of getting a galaxy nexus was.
  8. tgyberg

tgyberg Well-Known Member

Take yer time and get it right Google. Lot's of issues to work through.. PS, I'm not taking the OTA anyway! :biggrin:
  9. WoZzY

WoZzY The GRD Dev Team Premium Member Developer

Its not google delaying The update Big Red is ...I figured this would happen wiht Verizon not allowing google to push updates as google sent them out I figured Big red would show its true colors with the galaxy nexus even know most of you have had it for a awhile now it still is not right for verizon to hold off the update Especially for what you pay them per month these are the 2 main reasons I left verizon
  10. Preach2k

Preach2k DF News Team Premium Member

Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
    I have been so disappointed with how so the updates are rolling out. I have had 4.0.2 since day one. There has not been any updates since. I thought that it would roll out faster since this is a Google phone. I do not root but know I am tempted to root if we do not get an update in a couple of weeks. I never rooted before and am tired of waiting for the upgrade to come. I am still using 4.0.2. Do I need to up date to 4.0.3 before upgrading to 4.0.4 on my Verizon version of Galaxy Nexus?
  11. mikeyo1990

mikeyo1990 New Member

Yes we do have to wait but the wait will still probably much less then if we did not have a nexus, as the update would first have to go to the manufacturers and then they would have to integrate their overlay into it. Plus im rooted ne ways so doesnt really matter to me.
  12. combatmedic870

combatmedic870 Well-Known Member

I talked to verizon (3 tiers in total) and they said they have no plan on releasing the 4.0.4 update or any updates for that matter. I was told it was google's responsibility to push the updates out. The tier 3 I talked to said that he also has a nexus and that its crap that we might not see another update for our devices.

Who know's.....If we see the update...cool...if not....I guess what ever....im unlocked and rooted....it doesnt matter.
  13. 52brandon

52brandon New Member

yup. Me too
  14. guidot

guidot Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

This is all because of that "unsupported" issue, regarding CDMA devices. I trust you all recall this?
    1 person likes this.
  15. Vakharn

Vakharn New Member

I really do love verizon.
  16. WoZzY

WoZzY The GRD Dev Team Premium Member Developer

I was thinking these slow updates by google then were bc of verizon Not allowing Google wallet or something like that
  17. Josefius

Josefius New Member

I'm sort of used to it, I was a Motorola user :(

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
  18. ka1z0ku

ka1z0ku Member

I am really disappointed in how VZW is handling the update process for Android devices. They have the best 3G service in my area and the most aggressive 4G roll out but I still dislike their policies (not to mention their pricing). But for now it seems I'm stuck to them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
  19. StormyHeather

StormyHeather New Member

Well, I got notification on my Wifi Xoom that there was a system update to 4.0.4 ready to download. Downloading now. We'll see how it goes...:question:
  20. creaky

creaky Member

Been running 4.0.4 on Liquid rom and it is fantastic.

Preach, you really should think about rooting. Unless you are worried about being overwhelmed by the incredible quality and abundance of development for the Nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums