OTA Updates Possible Before The 11th?

windstrings

Reaction score
True.... so do we have any guys who have gotten the update that can give us some feedback?

Everything seem to still work properly with all your apps etc?

mslal

Reaction score
When I called Motorola's CustServ number, the agent asked about my meid - could that be it?

windstrings

Reaction score
When I called Motorola's CustServ number, the agent asked about my meid - could that be it?

That would be much more likely since your phone number can be anything now and its not even the real number that identifies your phone.

If you go into programming, you also have a CDMA sys ID .. mine is 4 digits
and then there is a MIN number which is a phone number thats not mine but thats the real one for the phone I believe.

windstrings

Reaction score
Too cool... faster than it already was "and" better battery life!..... too cool! :icon_ banana:

BTW.... this would be the best place to post the update.zip if anyone gets it intact.

bacalao

Reaction score
I'm curious,windstrings,how can you already tell if you get better battery life? I'm still waiting and I'm jealous! Hurry up verizon! Haha

windstrings

Reaction score
Just posted in first post, but if you got the update please post your location on this custom Google Maps I made for the update.

DROID 1st OTA Update - Google Maps

Approximate location (city only) is fine.

Thanks!
Google maps and Weather Widget update about 2PM in Augusta Georgia.

I got 4 updates today... but thats not what this thread is about.

This is an operating system update.

Go to the first post and click on the two links.

windstrings

Reaction score
I'm curious,windstrings,how can you already tell if you get better battery life? I'm still waiting and I'm jealous! Hurry up verizon! Haha

OH, I don't have a clue.. I'm just celebrating the claims.
If you watch the video, you see its faster, if we get better battery lift too.. someone has done some decent updates anytime you get more speed with less power... something got efficient!

Legacy23

Reaction score
yea i can't wait to get this.....i keep checking to see if there are any updates available

bacalao

Reaction score
I haven't felt the need for an update, but damn, this is a pleasant surprise!! I noticed from Adrantic's video that the lock screen is different, more snappy and responsive. Makes me excited to see how much these updates can keep squeezing more performance juice out of the Droid. I knew this bad boy wasn't close to being maxed out!

Hope they put a video up of the quicker picture taking and focus.

Stigy

Reaction score
For those that got the update ...

Was there a notification sound or anything in the notification bar or you just unlocked the phone and there was a popup?