OTA Updates Possible Before The 11th?

Shel

Reaction score
Thus far I've noticed no dramatic differences other than the unlock screen, but I haven't used the phone extensively. I have a 415 area code, and my number ends in 01.

Hey Patti
I'm curious, how do you now unlock the phone?

I really liked the half circle used to unlock or mute the phone, used in OS 2.0. It was easy to drag it to the left to silence/unmute the phone, or drag it to the right to simply unlock it!

Now I see two tabs... do you simply drag them to the edge of the phone?

(Wonder what the reason for this change was.... were people actually confused about how to unlock or silence their phones???)

pattib

Reaction score
It's a basic left-to-right motion. At first it seemed a little bit harder to do, since it felt like I had to move my finger closer to the right edge of the screen, but I think it was just muscle memory causing problems. Either that or I've gotten used to the new motion.

The ignore call gesture is basically the same as before, right to left, only it's a straight line rather than an arc.

bacalao

Reaction score
If they are taking the conservative track, then they should wait until people start posting videos of their phone operating great with the updates and stalking forums for any issues. I'd say we are clear for the rest of us!
I guess that explains why adrantic had one with the update and the other wasn't.

Shel

Reaction score
Anyone know if the new upgrade will allow documents rec'd vie email to be saved to the card. I still haven't figured out how to send pic's to the SD card from in the phone...will that be addressed ?:icon_ devil:

I don't know if this is exactly what you're looking for, but I use a program called "Clip2Mobile"...

Go to the Market, and download the Droid app. Then, go to their website and you can download a PC program.

Launch the PC program, and a small window opens up, where you can either enter text, drag a photo or drag a word document, and it's instantly transferred to your phone!

Very cool program which allows you to move things to your Droid (or any Android device) wirelessly... no need to connect your Droid to your computer!

Once you transfer a photo to your Drolid via Clip2Mobile, there will be a "download" button. Click on the download button, and the file is downloaded to your device. Now, click on it, and you will be able to open it up, and/or save it to your SD card.

Notes are even easier!~

tdog7879

Reaction score
I saw a screenshot of the new lock screen and I was just wondering if there is now there is still a option to have the original lockscreen? Also did they add pinch and zoom???? Sorry just had to ask......lol

sk8sn0surf

Reaction score
Improved camera autofocus

I know this means they fixed that time based rounding error in the camera autofocus, but does anyone know if they improved the focus more than just fixing that bug? Can someone with the update comment on this?

Mongoose

Reaction score
Shel...Thanks. I haven't had any luck with the Office types of programs. I think I'll give this one a shot. Sure appreciate the tip. Have a good one. :icon_ devil:

NRB

Reaction score
Faster?

I moved from a Treo which is like going from a model-T to a Mustang cobra. I can't Imagine this phone moving any faster but I am sure it will be a good thing.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I want the update already! They made the phone more stable and quicker even, man im checking my phone ever 5 minutes now, not gonna be able to have enough battery left for the update =P

edit: guess i don't have to check every 5 minutes, hope they send me the update later tonight!!

Last edited:

StupidGenius

Reaction score
I found this explanation posted on the BGR site. Interesting theory as to how they're pushing the update out.
----------------------------------------------------------

Verizon is doing the right thing by doing incremental updates. The project manager at Verizon for this OS update is doing this correctly.

Being a systems engineer, I’m confident enough to say that Google developed an algorithm to chose the 10,000 most active users on the Droid and pushed the update to those users. It would make no sense to push an OS update to a user that uses his/her phone for only a few hours as to a user who is using it every 30-45 minutes, or more.

This helps with testing multiple applications and users response to the updates. Meaning, the Droid does collect that data and I’m sure it is collected by Google since your Google account is linked to the phone.

Putting my horrible customer service experience aside with Verizon and will never consider them as my choice of wireless carrier, Verizon is doing this the right way. Good luck to the Droid users.
-From a Droid user for only two weeks-

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Putting my horrible customer service experience aside with Verizon and will never consider them as my choice of wireless carrier, Verizon is doing this the right way. Good luck to the Droid users.
-From a Droid user for only two weeks-

Confused here...

windstrings

Reaction score
Just saw this on another forum:

icon1.gif
Droid update schedule.
Just got this in my internal VZW e-mail:

All times are EST.

At noon on 12/7, 1,000 users will receive notification of the update.

At 11:59 pm on 12/7, 9,000 more users will receive the update notification.
After the first 10,000 users receive the update on 12/7, there will be a 48-hour period when no additional upgrades will be delivered.

On Day 3 (12/9), 200,000 users will receive the update notification at 11:59 pm. This schedule will continue each day thereafter until the update has been delivered to all users.

Well I definitely don't like this option.
If there are a million droids out there, that means there is a one in thousand chance you will get yours today, and then a 1/111 chance you'll get yours at midnight tonight, then if you don't get it by then, 48 hrs later you have a little better than a 20% or 1/5 chance of getting it the next day "3th day at midnight" and then the 4th day you have have a 25% chance, Day 5 you have a 50% chance and if you still don't have it by then, day 6 you should get it.

Is everybody depressed now?

Maybe my math is off.......