OTA Updates Possible Before The 11th?

StupidGenius

Reaction score
Putting my horrible customer service experience aside with Verizon and will never consider them as my choice of wireless carrier, Verizon is doing this the right way. Good luck to the Droid users.
-From a Droid user for only two weeks-

Confused here...
yeah, I actually meant to exclude that part of his comment. Seemed weird to me too, but his reasoning seemed sound.

demarco5

Reaction score
camera will be faster and get green bars all the time, but the green bar fix we already saw with the code error......the QUALITY is what is bad, and thats not fixed.

shamus

Reaction score
camera will be faster and get green bars all the time, but the green bar fix we already saw with the code error......the QUALITY is what is bad, and thats not fixed.

Yeah I know. I've been skeptical of an OTA that would drastically improve image quality from the beginning.

darreno1

Reaction score

The quality is bad under certain circumstances (for me at least). In adequate light situations (daylight / well lit rooms etc), the Droid takes really good pics. Just today I tested a friends iPhone 3gs side by side and even he said the Droid's looked better. It's only in low light, or when there are a lot of shadows the pics seem noisy (like having a really high ISO). I think that's fixable though.

XMasterMoronX

Reaction score
well i left my droid charging overnight and when i woke up it was already up and playing a youtube video...

TheShaz

Reaction score
Not depressed here. Actually good to have concise info. Looks like VZ is being methodical with the roll out. It would be embarrassing if they did the 1st Droid update and IT causes major issues, so I understand the slow roll out then the pause to see if all is OK then the big push to roll it out.

The video clip the update did look faster on the menu scrolling. I'm already happy with the battery life compared to my last device (Omnia) so "Better Battery Life" is just a bonus to me.

But I WILL be :icon_eek: staring :icon_eek: at my DROID at midnight for the next few days.

thelion

Reaction score
Mine has been acting strange all day today. Waking up on its own (while in my purse). The battery nearly drained itself in just a few hours which is really strange for my Droid. But, no update. I also just rebooted it as it has been oh so slow today and..it "prepared SD" something or another and gathered data but alas, no update - still running 2.0

Wintrmte

Reaction score
I might have missed it, but does anyone have the link to the complete fixes list?

zegolf

Reaction score
This seems all too familiar.....

Haha, I think we're all waiting with baited breath to see how this first update goes. I rode the Storm wave for 1 full year before finally giving it up. I can only hope for the best with this update and pray that it goes smoother. They've already got a top-notch OS that they're updating, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

sstrool

Reaction score
I have been waiting since oct-14 for my free Windows 7 upgrade, so I am used to waiting.