First OTA update from Verizon DEC 11th

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Glad you got your widgets working.

my power button wasn't responding well after the update either. I did the power down... pulled the batt and rebooted. I've had no problems since.

for gits and shiggles did you try *228 to update (option 2) after your update?

dhoy28

Reaction score
mine has been that way, at least intermittently since the update, seems to be straightening out...

However, some of my widgets are out of whack and my power button isn't working.

any of the widgets not functioning properly..... remove them from the home screen (trash) and re-add the widget. some of them required this after the update to function properly. Just like the 'gallery' widget/icon on the home screen was updated so if you had it there prior to the update it wouldn't work after... you had to delete it and replace it.

also you might wanna try powering down and pulling the battery... a lot of the issues people have after the update can be solved by this. give it a shot, let us know how you fair.

I've repeatedly pulled the battery and restarted the phone as well as started up in safe mode, no difference when it came to the widgets, the power button is the one thing that has been consistently screwy since the update.

Pure genious - other than the main screen not rotating the apps seem to be working after changing out the battery..

That is why you are my master:)

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pure genious - other than the main screen not rotating the apps seem to be working after changing out the battery..

That is why you are my master:)

this just means i have too much free time to sit in front of the computer and play with my Droid. LOL

check out some home replacements (Home++, GDE, dxTop, PandaHome) They will allow for home screen rotation to landscape. Plus they're pretty sweet.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...s/717-screenshots-peoples-droid-desktops.html great thread here to actually let you see some of these home replacements!

DiggaDon

Reaction score
Glad you got your widgets working.

my power button wasn't responding well after the update either. I did the power down... pulled the batt and rebooted. I've had no problems since.

for gits and shiggles did you try *228 to update (option 2) after your update?

I did not try *228, however I don't see how that will affect the physical ability of the power button after the firmware update... but I'll give it a whirl when I go on my lunch break... is that what you did?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i don't think it'll affect your power button either... but always good to have a fresh update of towers after updating your device. old habit from my BB days. :)

GotnFX

Reaction score
I can't seem to get my voicemail icon cleared from the notification bar..updated this morning...no clear button showing up in the bar either

Edit: Did everything except a true factory reset..nothing. I received another voicemail..cleared it from my voicemail..and now it is all good. May be just needed another alert to bring it all back in working order

Last edited:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I can't seem to get my voicemail icon cleared from the notification bar..updated this morning...no clear button showing up in the bar either

when in doubt try a power down, battery pull, and reboot.

the 'clear' button should still be in the notification panel when you open it/drag/drop down.

Have you listened to the voice mail and cleared it from you voice mail box? or at least marked it as listened to?

DiggaDon

Reaction score
i don't think it'll affect your power button either... but always good to have a fresh update of towers after updating your device. old habit from my BB days. :)

After spending a long while at verizon, it's come to pass that this power button issue is something that a lot of people have been complaining about. Tech support was actually overwhelmed at the time, that's why I had to be there for as long as I was.

Long story short, they are working on a second update that will be coming out within the next few days to correct this current update and by that time all should be well.

As for icons and whatnot... that's a pretty easy fix by comparison.

Zozz

Reaction score
Hmm the ear piece speaker does not work sometimes. I pick up a call and it's off, microphone works and the external speakers work. it happened just now for the second time, in call right now. I did a battery pull and it fixed it earlier and it fixed it. will do one after my call.

Anyone have this issue?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

After spending a long while at verizon, it's come to pass that this power button issue is something that a lot of people have been complaining about. Tech support was actually overwhelmed at the time, that's why I had to be there for as long as I was.

Long story short, they are working on a second update that will be coming out within the next few days to correct this current update and by that time all should be well.

As for icons and whatnot... that's a pretty easy fix by comparison.

good to know. thanks!

bflogirl32

Reaction score
The update has worked great except it has deleted ALL but 30 of my contacts. Which means about 400 of them are gone. I am a bit hysterical over here so any advice would be VERY welcomed!!! I did power off and pull battery...to no avail. Please help!

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
Mine came through in the middle of the night. A little annoyed since I would have never known what time it was if I didn't wake up.

tyronelaw

Reaction score
The update has worked great except it has deleted ALL but 30 of my contacts. Which means about 400 of them are gone. I am a bit hysterical over here so any advice would be VERY welcomed!!! I did power off and pull battery...to no avail. Please help!

Same here. All but my starred contacts are gone!