Oofficial Froyo update coming REALLY soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

zonaRSX

Reaction score
haha. these threads/reports have been coming out for a while. I'll believe it when I see it.

Exactly my thoughts... How many more threads are we going to see about the same crap.

2.1 or 2.2, the Droid X is still the top-of-the-line phone out on the market right now and I am loving every second of it. dancedroid

Reaction score
I hope to see the 2.2 update soon and all viable information that has been given thus far is greatly appreciated
As for you little girls who have nothing better to do than troll, go back to 4chan no one really cares what you think so please stop wasting everyone time with your pettiness

I haven't seen a single person in here trolling. What are you talking about?

xjman349

Reaction score
I am a manager for Verizon and this E-mail you are talking about doesn't exist. I am watching for it like a hawk. WE NEVER know when an update is coming until it drops. Tell your friend to stop pulling your leg.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I might remind everyone to be respectful to the other members in the Forum. I don't see any trolling going on, a little unnecessary language, which has been addressed in the form of an infraction.

Let's all just get along before this thread gets off track and we have to shut it down.

DRMMR02

Reaction score
I just can't wait for people way smarter than me to rework the official 2.2 into a root-friendly non-OTA update =)

Technoman

Reaction score
I think it's BS also. A friend with an Incredible has his update. WTF is taking so long?

The Incredible is HTC, and is completely different from the Moto Droid X. It will come to us as soon as it is properly working. If you really can't wait, load the leaked version and take your chances.

Otherwise, you should really enjoy this amazing phone that runs better for me with 2.1 than my Droid 1 did with 2.2, rooted, and OC'd.

tishabarr

Reaction score
For me its like dejavu. I had the Droid 1 and I waited forever for froyo. I finally got it, and then I dropped my phone in the ocean! When I called Asurion, they gave me the Droid X b/c they were out of Droid 1s, so now I'm playing the 2.2 waiting game again. But it's all good. This phone is awesome, and I'm lucky to have it, so I shall wait patiently.........

wmscottmc

Reaction score
I hope to see the 2.2 update soon and all viable information that has been given thus far is greatly appreciated

This thread started out like so many others claiming that based on some top secret inside information, and in this case even a self destructing email, and a friend that works for Verizon, that we were again just days from getting the 2.2 upgrade. And like every one of these "reliable source" predictions, this one was also baseless. The trolls that you talk about are the people that post this stuff based on what they heard from a friend of a friend of somebody else that knows somebody that works at Verizon. Then they post the information as a fact that we would all like to hear, as if it were valid or confirmed.

What "viable information" are you getting from this thread, or any other place, about the upcoming Android update? Id love to read it. Please share with us.

Thanks!

SnerdlyBosco

Reaction score
Posted by Motorola employee Matt in the Motorola Owners' Forum, 7 September:

Hi.

Our original delivery date for Android 2.2 for Droid X was "late Summer." Later I was told "by early September" and passed that on as well. I would personally say that "early September" is now, but I suppose any date up to September 15 might be "early" if early = first half. That's your call. Please be kind.

Late Summer, as many have pointed out, should be any day before the Autumnal Eqinox (Sept. 22). I still think we're good in that timeframe. I won't provide any additional details as to rumors, progress, etc., but if things should change regrading timing I will do my best to communicate that.

Follow any official announcement from Matt, here:
https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/213573?tstart=0#213573

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Posted by Motorola employee Matt in the Motorola Owners' Forum, 7 September:

Hi.

Our original delivery date for Android 2.2 for Droid X was "late Summer." Later I was told "by early September" and passed that on as well. I would personally say that "early September" is now, but I suppose any date up to September 15 might be "early" if early = first half. That's your call. Please be kind.

Late Summer, as many have pointed out, should be any day before the Autumnal Eqinox (Sept. 22). I still think we're good in that timeframe. I won't provide any additional details as to rumors, progress, etc., but if things should change regrading timing I will do my best to communicate that.

Follow any official announcement from Matt, here:
https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/213573?tstart=0#213573

I've been hearing all along it would be early September. Well, I think if that's true then it's got about 4 more days to get here for it to be "early" and not heading towards "mid" September. I'll see if I can't find something else that can be thrown out there, if there has been any changes since the last time I heard. Not being an X person it isn't high on my priorities.

I don't blame many of you for being in the "I'll believe it when I see it" mode. Many thought the X would have it before the D1.

rskap67

Reaction score
What a joke. How about just saying we will get it before 2011. Getting real tired of this. Maybe just me..

mettech

Reaction score
For me its like dejavu. I had the Droid 1 and I waited forever for froyo. I finally got it, and then I dropped my phone in the ocean! When I called Asurion, they gave me the Droid X b/c they were out of Droid 1s, so now I'm playing the 2.2 waiting game again. But it's all good. This phone is awesome, and I'm lucky to have it, so I shall wait patiently.........

Humm... The ocean will = an upgrade.

loldancedroid

tishabarr

Reaction score
Well, it took talking to a couple of people, and a semi-angry email, but i refused to take those second class phones they were offering as replacements.

arabstar1982

Reaction score
and the best they can do is "late summer" Could you be more vague please?

Well, they could have said 2011, or they could have said sometime before your eligible for your next upgrade..... dancedroid

We get it when we get it, and that's whenever they feel like letting us have it..... unfortunately.... :dry:

Status
Not open for further replies.