Oofficial Froyo update coming REALLY soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon Vito

Reaction score
I have a friend that works for VZW... he just received an email prompting him on the release of froyo for the X in the next week... the rest of the email went on about the features froyo brings.... yada yada yada... I've already updated but I'm sure this is good news to some of you

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

droidXpert

Reaction score
I have a friend that works for VZW... he just received an email prompting him on the release of froyo for the X in the next week... the rest of the email went on about the features froyo brings.... yada yada yada... I've already updated but I'm sure this is good news to some of you

You have leaked Froyo which isn't the official version. The leaked version doesn't even have JIT but it is faster than Eclair. It'll definitely come September.

OP
J

Jon Vito

Reaction score
I'm well aware I have the leaked version... but my friend from Verizon got an email today saying the OFFICIAL OTA is coming next week... did you not read my original post?

wmscottmc

Reaction score
Whenever one of these emails starts with "A friend of mine that works at Verizon told me....." I am very skeptical. We'll get the update soon, but I kind of doubt that some guy that works at Verizon has any credible info. Somebody posted this same thing 2 weeks ago, that the 2.2 releases would be within days, and guess what, we didnt get the update yet!

OP
J

Jon Vito

Reaction score
I'm gonna try and get him to forward it to me...trust me I have no reason to make this up

avt123

Reaction score

You have leaked Froyo which isn't the official version. The leaked version doesn't even have JIT but it is faster than Eclair. It'll definitely come September.

Is this official that the leaked version doesn't have JIT? I have read that JIT just doesn't effect OMAP processors as much as it does Snapdragon.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I'm well aware I have the leaked version... but my friend from Verizon got an email today saying the OFFICIAL OTA is coming next week... did you not read my original post?

This has been known for weeks....

beardRage

Reaction score
Hello, I`m new but I`ve been lurking during my wait for the X. Great site, lots of good info! Anyway, I was talking to my local vzw authorized agent about my order and she tried to get me to switch and get the D2 because they were in stock. During her little sales pitch, she said the D2 had 2.2 on it and the DX only had 2.1 but that it would be receiving the 2.2 update at the end of August. So I have no reason not to believe the OP. BTW, I oredered my X on the 17th I talked to her on the 23rd.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whenever one of these emails starts with "A friend of mine that works at Verizon told me....." I am very skeptical. We'll get the update soon, but I kind of doubt that some guy that works at Verizon has any credible info. Somebody posted this same thing 2 weeks ago, that the 2.2 releases would be within days, and guess what, we didnt get the update yet!

Yeah, I agree 100% but in this case from what I've been hearing from my source it's right along the time line expected. Late August Early September.

littlerick

Reaction score

next week is september...

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Part of me thinks we might see the update next week but part of me thinks we'll see it by early September.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
if it comes next week. I know a few people who will be shocked. Originally was set for september 1st week, but nothing has been said in weeks about it. the leak is very good. Still there is some stuff that needs fixing IMHO

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

If you get that email send it on to us please

Status
Not open for further replies.