1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

DROIDX Froyo Update Delayed to September?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by Shadez, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Droid X users, please take a deep breath before you read this. And let me just say that “early September” is not that much different than “late August” when we’re talking about Froyo updates. Why am I prefacing this? Because the Motorola forums manager just dropped some interesting news on the DX community…
    Some Droid X users are experiencing an issue using Exchange 2003 email. Though the email is arriving on the Droid X, no notifications are appearing. A fix for this will be included in the upgrade to Android 2.2 scheduled for deployment by early September.
    He was responding to the growing list of people having issues with Exchange support on their device and managed to slip in a surprise timeline for Froyo. September…not August. Maybe Android 2.2 and Blur aren’t playing nice? And maybe this is the same reason that we still don’t have an official date for the Droid 2?

Source: Motorola Forums
    Via: Engadget
    Via Droid-Life/Kellex
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  2. Stang68

Stang68 New Member

How can something be delayed if it was never given a date in the first place? "Late Summer" IS September.
  3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Orignially the date we were hearing was later in August. Then it got moved up to the same time as the Droid. Then pushed back again.

But it was always thought to be in August.

This push to September is not surprising. I believe testing is having some issues trying to give 2.2 to the X.
  4. Stang68

Stang68 New Member

Yes, but what you hear is nothing close to "official".

If they're having problems porting it to the X with it's effing blur, just give us vanilla Froyo :) We'd all love that!
  5. Juicemane

Juicemane Bang Bang Theme Developer Premium Member

maybe there packaging it with a boot unlocker for us :)
  6. yellar

yellar New Member

I would second that about Vanilla froyo. I don't much care for the blur junk. Thats about the most undesirable thing about this phone especially coming from a droid.
  7. wmscottmc

wmscottmc New Member

Waiting till Sept is nothing. I came from a BB Storm, and the updates were usually delayed for many months so we just installed half finished leaks as we could find them, most of them buggy as hell. If a BB update was announced for Aug, we'd be lucky to get it by December!