Oofficial Froyo update coming REALLY soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

greggsmily

Reaction score
ok thanks.. so whats the difference in the leaked version and waiting on the official release?

luv2increase

Reaction score
ok thanks.. so whats the difference in the leaked version and waiting on the official release?

Nobody really knows. The leaked version is 100% bug free in my experiences with using it on 2 Droid X phones. I would say it will have further speed improvements, a couple security updates, even better volume limits and a couple other odds and ends. :icon_ banana:

wmscottmc

Reaction score
I have been looking everywhere but nobody seems to have a clue when the Official release for froyo will be? It is early September now and Motorola has not said a thing yet..

Motorola/Verizon have stated since the very get-go in every venue imaginable that it would be LATE SUMMER.

This would indicate anywhere between August 21st and September 21st. Just know that it will be before September 21st.

I agree (except that part about Sept 21 for sure). Ive been thru this on many other phones/OS's and they are usually at least a month late. We may get this update in Sept, more likely Oct.

They are either holding it up because the other updates are rolling out slower than expected, or they may have found some last minute bugs that need to be corrected, or most likely - they are holding it up so that they can sell more D2's.

ggaabe

Reaction score
Well it also fixes wifi issues that have been picked up. Wifi wouldnt work for me, used leaked froyo, it worked for a couple of weeks, then doesnt connect at all and a motorola rep on the forum told me the official OTA fixes it

rskap67

Reaction score
What a joke Motorola is. There is no reason that this update is not out and running. Between them and Verizon they want to make every push of an update some sort of event with ads taken out describing what their update will do. In the mean time all of us droid x users wait.....and wait......and wait as every phone except US has received our updates and the best they can do is "late summer" Could you be more vague please?

Reaction score
I heard Christmas Day.

I heard this as well.

They also said Santa Claus will be delivering while riding on the Easter Bunny.

All of this information was in that self destructing email I got from a friend who has a cousin who has a grandfather who has an uncle who has a lover who isn't his wife who has a friend that works for Verizon customer service.

rskap67

Reaction score
Anyone who thinks these Verizon reps know anything is kidding themselves. They know NOTHING. Total guesses when you ask them questions. Here is the answer to when Froyo is coming out.......when you get it, thats my new take on it. Not one of these Verizon rep rumors ever are accurate. Never. So they hold zero credibility with me.

rastaman

Reaction score
I think it's BS also. A friend with an Incredible has his update. WTF is taking so long?

steeveegee

Reaction score
i would imagine that t hey are still working out the bugs
calm down im sure as soon as they feel its ready they will release it
i for one would like to get it but i would like it to be stable
the same people that are complaining that its taking too long would be the same people to complain when they get a buggy update
just relax the x is an awesome phone with 2.1 and when 2.2 is done right it will be even sweeter

wdprice3

Reaction score
haha. these threads/reports have been coming out for a while. I'll believe it when I see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.