Oofficial Froyo update coming REALLY soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

wmscottmc

Reaction score
I was on the phone with verizon support yesterday and the person on the other end said the update will be rolled out within the next 3-5 days. that's directly from verizon wireless.

if he knows or not is another matter, but he said it rather quickly as if it were prepared, discussed and ready. I am very excited to get the update

---------
This one sounds legit! (Much better than the exploding email guy's rumor). And if he said this yesterday, we should expect the update over the long weekend. Cool!

OP
J

Jon Vito

Reaction score
I don't know... my friend might just be full of crap... I honestly didn't make this thread to get attention, I could care less about that...

It does seem that its gonna be coming really soon seeing how Motorola released a statement warning ppl who got the leaked version that they wouldn't get the official unless they are back to stock

But who knows... sorry if I have gotten anyone's hopes up... didn't mean it :-(

hacku

Reaction score
So the other day my dad told me that he heard from Uncle Joe, that he heard from his cousins co-worker, that a friend of his landlords girlfriend read a top secret email that came from her nephews roomates brother, that the update will be coming REAL soon... :D

dangerous

Reaction score
So the other day my dad told me that he heard from Uncle Joe, that he heard from his cousins co-worker, that a friend of his landlords girlfriend read a top secret email that came from her nephews roomates brother, that the update will be coming REAL soon... :D

I wish i had a nickel for every time.........

JMaz89

Reaction score

Little bit greedy aren't you? Could have said I wish I had a penny for every time...
Still would be making millions! lol

maronn

Reaction score
I would guess its not coming over the holiday weekend. VZW doesn't like to intentionally take possible service affecting steps during holidays. Example: As of thursday we were put on a freeze working on the cell sites, in case a site accidentally got knocked offline. Not exactly the same thing, but I would say Tuesday would be the earliest we see it, if even then.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

dangerous

Reaction score

Little bit greedy aren't you? Could have said I wish I had a penny for every time...
Still would be making millions! lol
inflation?

godtuti

Reaction score
I have a friend that works for VZW... he just received an email prompting him on the release of froyo for the X in the next week... the rest of the email went on about the features froyo brings.... yada yada yada... I've already updated but I'm sure this is good news to some of you

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

You have leaked Froyo which isn't the official version. The leaked version doesn't even have JIT but it is faster than Eclair. It'll definitely come September.
i know this is off topic but if the leak doesent have jit then does that mean that fly x doesent have jit as well

greggsmily

Reaction score
So When is the "Official Release" of Froyo For Droid X???

I have been looking everywhere but nobody seems to have a clue when the Official release for froyo will be? It is early September now and Motorola has not said a thing yet..

luv2increase

Reaction score
I have been looking everywhere but nobody seems to have a clue when the Official release for froyo will be? It is early September now and Motorola has not said a thing yet..

Motorola/Verizon have stated since the very get-go in every venue imaginable that it would be LATE SUMMER.

This would indicate anywhere between August 21st and September 21st. Just know that it will be before September 21st.

There have been no "exact" date given for its release. When one is given, if it is even given at all before its release, you will definitely hear about it on every Android forum there is on the net and also all the tech news sites.

Be patient or even install the leaked 2.2. The choice is yours.

@ Nightmares
THEY NEVER PUSHED IT BACK. Where did you hear that at? Post a source. That simply is 100% untrue.

Status
Not open for further replies.