Alt Recovery proof, Froyo 2.2 soon for X

ggaabe

Reaction score
[video=youtube;1aMPUcY71Yc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aMPUcY71Yc]YouTube - BirdRain_Recovery[/video]

Birdman has proved his alt recovery mode on the Droid X and announces that the next thing he will be working on is getting Froyo 2.2 onto the droid X, and hopefully tell us how to do it soon ourselves!

iDr0id

Reaction score
If froyo is comin out in a few weeks, what is the rush to do all this work to get it on the x early? I don't get it.

Great work though by these guys, hopefully we can see some roms on the dx soon :D

rcjames

Reaction score
If froyo is comin out in a few weeks, what is the rush to do all this work to get it on the x early? I don't get it.

Great work though by these guys, hopefully we can see some roms on the dx soon :D

All these hacking is a hobby. Just like rc. :icon_ banana:Its fun its enjoyible, better then doing crack at the corner with looser.

Garandhero

Reaction score
Arent they just gonna have to this all over again when 2.2 comes out official?

richjacksonkc

Reaction score

I think you just answered your own question... trying to get alternate recovery working isn't JUST about 2.2.. but also custom roms, and a lot of other things...

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
NO.

Getting a custom ROM is one thing.

Getting Froyo on it is redundant, as it will get pushed (then we have to begin again).

I want to see a:

Custom ROM loaded. And more importntly, a custom KERNAL.

chuk1005

Reaction score
@ R-1 it appears they are working on an alternative kernal..which may be the best we can expect kernal wise with this locked bootloader.

richjacksonkc

Reaction score
Custom ROM loaded. And more importntly, a custom KERNAL.

..kernel is all i really care about too... call me crazy but I'm not even worried about a kernel to overclock... I just want to be able to install an updated baseband on the phone because I've been having signal issues since I switched to the DX... ..but everything else will give me reasons to be less productive at work.. so I'm cool with that too..