One Click to get back on upgrade path

synctek

Reaction score
The Pathsaver worked half way. Im up to 893 but root failed. Is there a way to root .893?

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Yea, search for 1-click root for bionic. After you're successful with that, then *MAKE SURE* you forever root before going to 901 if that's your intention.

synctek

Reaction score
I was able to root with the 1-click exploit but now Super User is force closing Grrrr. Any wisdom on this?

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Uninstall superuser.apk, and then install the latest from the market. And if it asks about updating su binaries, let it.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
You're very welcome. Now, do yourself a favor and take a nandroid backup if you haven't already. Better safe than "oh ****"! :D

synctek

Reaction score
Is that the Clockworks backup? Did one of those earlier today......if so I will do another. Also, is the forever root for .893 the same - modify the mount_ex3.sh file with those 4 lines?
Is there an easier way?

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Yes to both questions. You can run dhacker's foreverroot script and just have it apply the forever root lines for you. Easy enough. But yea, do that first, then take a new nandroid backup.

synctek

Reaction score
Update

The phone is running .901 with forever root. I just started a nandroid backup. I decided to throw caution to the wind after .893 and deploy the 901 update. I was able to uninstall SU and then re-install it. Annoying that the fix was that simple but lesson learned.
So the outlined issue is installing the web top mod hack will stop future updates. This is unfortunate because I really like the webtop and would like to continue to use it. My question is - how does the Bionic know when it's connected to the special multimedia and car dock? On my DX and D1 it was magnets but the Bionic doesn't seem to respond to magnets.

Any ideas on web top would be appreciated. I read about the hack one dude did with a car dock and a drill......cool but I won't use it in the car.

Thanks again to SamuriHL

kamisan

Reaction score
The webtop that is in th3orys rom [k]in3tx is already hacked. If you do not want the whole rom, I can email you the apk,, it goes in system/app/
you will need root access and a root browser to copy and paste it there. It is not a paid app and I did not make it. Use at your own risk. ;-)

It works by detecting the cable being plugged in, no need for any hacked drilled out anything. A few bugs but it works..
It loads things like pandora s l o w.. but things like music, web browsing facebook etc.. work great.

there are other webtop apps like nebtop that are made to git r dun, have not tried them, this works decent, phone becomes a large touchscreen mouse, 46 inch lcd the screen.. use google remote printing and your there.

synctek

Reaction score
How big is APK? I would certainly like to give it a try. Also going to look for nebtop - I assume that will run on the Bionic and free?

kamisan;[URL="tel:1969175" said:
1969175[/URL]]The webtop that is in th3orys rom [k]in3tx is already hacked. If you do not want the whole rom, I can email you the apk,, it goes in system/app/
you will need root access and a root browser to copy and paste it there. It is not a paid app and I did not make it. Use at your own risk. ;-)

It works by detecting the cable being plugged in, no need for any hacked drilled out anything. A few bugs but it works..
It loads things like pandora s l o w.. but things like music, web browsing facebook etc.. work great.

there are other webtop apps like nebtop that are made to git r dun, have not tried them, this works decent, phone becomes a large touchscreen mouse, 46 inch lcd the screen.. use google remote printing and your there.

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
i just downloaded the file do i need to unzip the 593 and 901 files before i run the run me file?