Back on the upgrade path!!

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Congrats man I am really glad that you got it back up and working....are you gonna send the "new" one back. I personally am just very hesitant to jump to 901 since MOTO has released a statement that it is still in testing...and so there is still a possibility that they may change the release....and being that I just got pack on path by the skin on my teeth I personally do not want to press my luck.

If it ever comes I will send it back yes. I'm keeping my phone since there's nothing wrong with it. I felt bad that they were sending me one in the first place, so, now I don't have to feel bad. I'm extremely happy to be back up and running again!

Bear in NM

Reaction score
Samuri,

Wow, that was incredible. I thought for sure you were hosed for good. You really did take one for the team. And I seriously mean that. As much as it was the folks over there who banded together for you, it took you hanging with it to essentially trouble shoot all of the methods. Which led to the final fix. A lesser person would have just returned/exchanged the phone early on. Good job, sir.

Craig

wilboy

Reaction score
Considering it got pushed to people's phones OTA, it has to be supported going forward. There has been talk of VZW still pushing it to some phones for those who complain. Those who are on it are extremely happy with it.
I see,i have to wait for 2 weeks...and if not,i'll try to get 901.Glad ur keep and running again!:)

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
Yap,that's true man!I used this method Get to 5.5.893 OTA from ANY LEAK - RootzWiki ...follow all the directions and BOOM,got it!:pNow am hunting for the best ROM(hate the bloatware).dunno which one will work w/ 5.893.Any idea?..Why!what happened to your device...and what phone did you get?Neway,goodluck man!... am now a happy camper waiting for the next official OTA(ICS)upgrade!..Oh.. been in VW store( other store) last night too,seems like they have the same answer,last night the guy told me (he's not sure-ICS upgrade) but "may be" 2weeks from now (like the one i've been before)he said.Fingers crossed!!:)
Oh still have a headache..hangover last night too! ;)

I just found this link this morning and applied it and IT WORKED!! I was starting to freak out 'cause I had downloaded the leaked .893 before going back to .886 and getting stuck. Do you know how much it sucked to feel like you were gonna be stuck at .886 indefinitely?? I'm so glad this worked. Used my TB to restore everything and it was almost too easy! Cheers!!

wilboy

Reaction score
I just found this link this morning and applied it and IT WORKED!! I was starting to freak out 'cause I had downloaded the leaked .893 before going back to .886 and getting stuck. Do you know how much it sucked to feel like you were gonna be stuck at .886 indefinitely?? I'm so glad this worked. Used my TB to restore everything and it was almost too easy! Cheers!!
Glad to hear that man!..you know,the thing that gave me a headache there is the option number 2 to apply the 4ever root,so i went to option 1 instead and then,got it!!:)

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Samuri,

Wow, that was incredible. I thought for sure you were hosed for good. You really did take one for the team. And I seriously mean that. As much as it was the folks over there who banded together for you, it took you hanging with it to essentially trouble shoot all of the methods. Which led to the final fix. A lesser person would have just returned/exchanged the phone early on. Good job, sir.

Craig

I was very much against a warranty return for something I did to it. Only when I truly bricked it to the point I couldn't boot anymore did I give up and go see VZW. They decided to warranty it. Now that I have it back up and running, I'm going to return the warranty phone unopened so they can send it to someone else. I appreciate the past 24 hours and the way this community came together to find a bunch of different solutions to get everyone back on the upgrade path. Truly amazing!

cthebadge38

Reaction score
Well, I tried the zip file from rootzwiki also and flashed it with rsdlite. Kept failing on step 8. I really must have frigged my phone up! So as a last ditch attempt I tried for3v3r root one last time and it worked! Must have been missing one of the first seven updates and it finally took. Thanks to everyone that finally cracked this. You guys are awesome!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Tonik

Reaction score
Just wish I hadn't accidentally flashed the wrong file and brick my phone but I'll be good tomorrow hopefully thanks to vzw.

Thank you for taking one for the team, you're a good man. VZ won't hassle you on the phone. VZ ships them to Moto, Moto flashes them and tests them. Cost them more to figure out what you did, and then figure out who that phone belonged to than it will to just flash it and fix it. I would bet you the beverage of your choice that if you had told VZ what you did they still would have sent you a CLN.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Thank you for taking one for the team, you're a good man. VZ won't hassle you on the phone. VZ ships them to Moto, Moto flashes them and tests them. Cost them more to figure out what you did, and then figure out who that phone belonged to than it will to just flash it and fix it. I would bet you the beverage of your choice that if you had told VZ what you did they still would have sent you a CLN.

They knew what I did. :) They're the ones that initiated the warranty replacement. However, it no longer matters as this morning I was able to get my phone unbricked and am now 901 rooted. :) So the replacement will come and I'll send it right back unopened. How awesome is THAT? :)

wilboy

Reaction score
They knew what I did. :) They're the ones that initiated the warranty replacement. However, it no longer matters as this morning I was able to get my phone unbricked and am now 901 rooted. :) So the replacement will come and I'll send it right back unopened. How awesome is THAT? :)
We're on the same boat now my friend!!:)And planning to flash this Eclipse 2.0 (.901 OTA Compatible)... Bionic-Eclipse-v2.0 .901 support.zip

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
We're on the same boat now my friend!!:)And planning to flash this Eclipse 2.0 (.901 OTA Compatible)... Bionic-Eclipse-v2.0 .901 support.zip

Very nice. My hope is that now the bionic has a viable recovery path that it makes it a more attractive device for developers. Maybe we'll see renewed interest in rom development.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

wilboy

Reaction score
Very nice. My hope is that now the bionic has a viable recovery path that it makes it a more attractive device for developers. Maybe we'll see renewed interest in rom development.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
Some says,this will revert us back to upgrade path again (This should get you from ANY kernel and system to the 5.5.893 OTA.)..and if will,no worries,and i have all the files needed and downloaded to my pc.:)But i hope this will help us to revert back that i didn't tried yet!:)

And oh...HAPPY HOLIDAYS to you and to ALL DROID STAFFs and members!!

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Some says,this will revert us back to upgrade path again (This should get you from ANY kernel and system to the 5.5.893 OTA.)..and if will,no worries,and i have all the files needed and downloaded to my pc.:)But i hope this will help us to revert back that i didn't tried yet!:)

P3Droid released a new one click script to revert to stock and from there allow you to update to 5.5.893 and 5.9.901. He even pushes the updates to your sd card for you and boots you into recovery to allow you to install them.

Bionic Path Saver 1-Click Method

I'm thinking that's the one to use. :)

wilboy

Reaction score
P3Droid released a new one click script to revert to stock and from there allow you to update to 5.5.893 and 5.9.901. He even pushes the updates to your sd card for you and boots you into recovery to allow you to install them.

Bionic Path Saver 1-Click Method

I'm thinking that's the one to use. :)

Oh really?it's out !!!Yesss,so no need to worry hahahaha!!Have had to choices to choose!!Thanks!:D
Edit:i mean two choices..

Last edited:

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Oh really?it's out !!!Yesss,so no need to worry hahahaha!!Have had to choices to choose!!Thanks!:D
Yes indeed. Merry Christmas, everyone! I'm off to spend the day with family. Enjoy!