One Click to get back on upgrade path

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
Good luck!
ut oh.
ok so it goes though this whole thing going good.
then it tells me your phone will restart in recovery mode and you will have to select 593 and then 901 if you want to use it.
but i havnt seen a change for 10min now and its agot a cute little triangle with an exclimaiton and the adroid droid on the center of my screen and its un responsive.

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
ut oh.
ok so it goes though this whole thing going good.
then it tells me your phone will restart in recovery mode and you will have to select 593 and then 901 if you want to use it.
but i havnt seen a change for 10min now and its agot a cute little triangle with an exclimaiton and the adroid droid on the center of my screen and its un responsive.

Press volume up at that screen I think. That'll bring up the recovery menu. :) It may be power, volume up if volume up alone doesn't work. I'm too lazy to reboot my phone and check. LOL :D

WAIT WAIT, no I remember. It's BOTH volume buttons at the same time. Man, I need a beer. :D

mikespe

Reaction score
Hey guys...first I gotta say that this script is the most AMAZING yet NERVE RACKING thing I've ever done! I did get to 5.5.893 which is where I want to be so that's the main thing. However I can't seem to get root? I have superuser in the app drawer but it force closes. I tried clearing it's data bit that didn't work either. I tried Titanium Backup and sure enough it says I don't have root. What can I do to get it back? I WAS rooted on 5.7.893 WITH forever root...I tried running the forever root script (R3L3AS3DRoot) but it didn't work (I used option 2). I also tried Pete's Root Tool & that failed too.

What do I need to do to get root back?

Thanks

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Lol nice. Make sure to run the forever script for rooted phones to make it permanent now.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Perfect. Sounds like you're in great shape then. :)

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

mikespe

Reaction score
Has anyone had issues with wifi tethering after reverting to 5.5.893? It worked fine with 5.7.893 but for some reason it won't on 5.5? I get a connection with both my laptop & tablet yet there is no signal? I can use the internet on the phone so I know I have data. I tried rebooting both my phone & my tablet...

Anything else I can try?

Thanks

droidxd00d

Reaction score
I wanted to know if once i revert to 5.5.893 is there a way that I can unroot? and once i do this is there anyway verizon will be able to tell that i flashed this update non ota? I previously updated to the leaked 5.7 update and i would really just like to be completely stock and on the current update.

wooddale

Reaction score
I wanted to know if once i revert to 5.5.893 is there a way that I can unroot? and once i do this is there anyway verizon will be able to tell that i flashed this update non ota? I previously updated to the leaked 5.7 update and i would really just like to be completely stock and on the current update.

A lot of guys are having trouble keeping root so I dont think it will be a problem to unroot. When you get back to 5.5.893 remember even if you do factory reset it doesnt erase anything on your sd card you have to do that manually. When ever I sell a phone or send one back I always delete every thing I could plus your gallery. I dont know how well they ck. If you do all that at least it aint gonna hit them in the face if they look at it and technically it is back to stock.

droidxd00d

Reaction score
A lot of guys are having trouble keeping root so I dont think it will be a problem to unroot. When you get back to 5.5.893 remember even if you do factory reset it doesnt erase anything on your sd card you have to do that manually. When ever I sell a phone or send one back I always delete every thing I could plus your gallery. I dont know how well they ck. If you do all that at least it aint gonna hit them in the face if they look at it and technically it is back to stock.

How do u unroot?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

wooddale

Reaction score

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to get the zip file at Deposit Files since Megaload is shut down, but it's not working for me. When I click to start download, I get a brief flash saying the download is starting and then a white screen. Is there another place to get it?

UPDATE: I got it to download. It wouldn't on FF, Explorer or Chrome on Windows 7, but it did work on Windows XP and Explorer. Go fig.

down1plus2

Reaction score
How come when I click runme part its says error device not found. I have all the drivers uploaded. Im trying to get back to stock. Im currently on forever rooted 5.9.901 version. Ill post a pic of what im getting.

Attachments

• 2012-01-31_21-32-32_144.jpg
    2012-01-31_21-32-32_144.jpg
    662.7 KB · Views: 267