OMG I did it!!!

Phantom99

Reaction score
So I finally broke down and rooted my DX. I used Z4root it was so easy and there are great walkthroughs on how to use it. Got Titanium Backup pro, rom manager, got everything backed up and in the process of installing my 1st rom =) So far so good, at this point in time not sure why I was so worried about doing it. I hope that statement holds true in the future.

Jessesmith888

Reaction score
That. Awesome! Free wifi tether is a good thing too! I rooted a while back, happy I did. I'm geting great results out of the Rubix roms.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
Phantom99

Phantom99

Reaction score
Cool thanks for the info, will try them out too...lol I have a feeling that over next couple days my poor DX will be re-romed more then once.

jonathanmsims

Reaction score
Yup... once you start flashing you won't stop(that didn't sound right) hahah... as long as you are on the newest update (.340) you should try out Apex... I used to use Rubix and the new Tranquility, but switched to Apex and love it... plus you need to learn about overclocking your DX... Overclock to 1.25Ghz and Apex rules.

OP
Phantom99

Phantom99

Reaction score
Just got RubiX v1.9.0 set up with the Tron Theme and new wallpaper OMGITSEFFINAWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! Plus I'm typing this with Wireless Teather just to try it out. =) I want to say a HUGE thank you to all the Dev's and the whole droid community for all the info and help, a lot of times my questions where answered without posting a single letter.

The one question I do still have is: Is there a way to have more then 1 nandroid back-up? Say 1 of stock and 1 of current rom?

Thanks again Y'all are great.

D

dankarlinski

Just got RubiX v1.9.0 set up with the Tron Theme and new wallpaper OMGITSEFFINAWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! Plus I'm typing this with Wireless Teather just to try it out. =) I want to say a HUGE thank you to all the Dev's and the whole droid community for all the info and help, a lot of times my questions where answered without posting a single letter.

The one question I do still have is: Is there a way to have more then 1 nandroid back-up? Say 1 of stock and 1 of current rom?

Thanks again Y'all are great.

you can make all the nandroids your SD will hold. if you rename the folders in SDCARD:\clockwork\backups\ to whatever you like. the MD5 should clear in recovery as long as there are no spaces.

i made a backup of the stock and just called it "stockdroid"

you can call it whatever you want.

just remember, you are renaming the FOLDER (it is default named a bunch of numbers and periods corresponding to the date and time (although my time is WAYYY off)

OP
Phantom99

Phantom99

Reaction score
Tyvm. Thats exactly what I wanted/needed to know.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App