Im thinking need help please

elitecmdr666

Reaction score
so i was thinking of rooting my phone and tinker around with it but im kind of scurred lol so ill give it a try here i go after reading in the forums i took this route...also it be nice if i could get some input...thanks

update 1: installed z4root and after 2 failed attempts it finally is rooted. download Titanium Backup PRO root...

update 2: downloaded droidx/2 overclock, dx/d2 logo changer, droid x bootstrapper and busybox cause for some reason i could not launch x/2 oc

update 3: backing up data with bootstrap and is complete

update 4: k so now everything is set and working fine no issues that god now to move into themes...

Last edited:

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
please, for the sake of droid, take it slow! only use one of those apps at a time bc if something goes wrong then you wont know what caused it!

SLOW DOWN!!!!

OP
elitecmdr666

elitecmdr666

Reaction score
please, for the sake of droid, take it slow! only use one of those apps at a time bc if something goes wrong then you wont know what caused it!

SLOW DOWN!!!!

k i just downloaded them the only one i am using right now is bootstrapper i think im doing a clockworkmod recovery backup of all my files...

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score

SLOW DOWN!!!!

k i just downloaded them the only one i am using right now is bootstrapper i think im doing a clockworkmod recovery backup of all my files...

Good deal! Bootstrap would be the most important, IMHO. Get that nandroid backup made up first.

Last edited:

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yes nandroid first then if something does happen, u have something to fall back on

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
k so now how do i get these cool themes like the one you have chkmate or any themes at all?

Are you gonna end up wanting a ROM or not? I'm running the most basic of ROM's right now with no issues. But now that I've had it a while I realize I could have done most of it myself. My suggestion to you is wait on a ROM. If you read through the ROM section you will see they are more of a headache than they're worth. Once again, JMO.

My Theme is the 928Droid Black Glass X deodexEERRR Theme, which you can get here>>>928Droid Themes for the Droid X.

This deodex's your phone for you. It is made for the 2.2 froyo update.

OP
elitecmdr666

elitecmdr666

Reaction score
ok so im @ the clockwork screen now what do i apply or do i install the theme? k let me fix something then so just move all 3 folder that were zipped into root folder got it

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
You also want to make sure to keep the update.zip (nandroid backup you made) on the root of your SD card as well. This way if anything goes wrong you can access it with ease. It will name your backup with a date. I rename, keeping the date on there, but name it something I can recognize.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
ok so im @ the clockwork screen now what do i apply or do i install the theme?

Don't get too far ahead of yourself. I used ROM Manager to install my Theme at least. It wiped data/cache for me. So I'm not sure if you want to do it yourself or not.

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
ok so im @ the clockwork screen now what do i apply or do i install the theme? k let me fix something then so just move all 3 folder that were zipped into root folder got it

If you plug your phone in with USB to comp, select USB mass storage on your phone. When windows pops up what to do next select open folder to view files. Then move the ZIP's over to the open area, no folder. The root of the card is the folder.