Do I have to change ROMs to use themes?

kdw11005

Reaction score
Yesterday I rooted my DX using z4root and backed it up with titanium. I didn't do boostrap because I don't want to change ROMs (that part kinda scares me, I'm afraid of screwing up my phone...I know I already rooted and that sounds dumb). I saw a really cool theme that I would love to have but it has it listed for liberty (I know thats a ROM). Do I have to change ROMs to do themes or is there a way to do a theme with just what I've done to my phone so far?

jr313

Reaction score
Yes usually themes and roms go hand and hand...they make themes for specific roms and they arent interchangeable between different roms unless you know how to theme yourself and can switch files over then you can port any theme to any rom with permission of course...

Sent from a galaxy far far away

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Let me guess... Watermark theme? As long as you follow instructions when it comes to flashing a ROM you will be fine...

OP
kdw11005

kdw11005

Reaction score
That's what I was afraid of...like i said changing ROMs makes me nervous, I just rooted to get rid of the bloat. Thanks jr313!

cubsfan187

Reaction score
Changing ROM's is very easy as long as you make a back-up first and follow the instructions TO A "T" you will be fine. I was scared too until I tried it once and now I got hooked on changing almost once a week and seeing what the best one is. Good luck!