1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Do I have to change ROMs to use themes?

Discussion in 'Droid X Hacks' started by kdw11005, Jan 17, 2011.

1. kdw11005

kdw11005 New Member

Yesterday I rooted my DX using z4root and backed it up with titanium. I didn't do boostrap because I don't want to change ROMs (that part kinda scares me, I'm afraid of screwing up my phone...I know I already rooted and that sounds dumb). I saw a really cool theme that I would love to have but it has it listed for liberty (I know thats a ROM). Do I have to change ROMs to do themes or is there a way to do a theme with just what I've done to my phone so far?
  2. jr313

jr313 New Member

Yes usually themes and roms go hand and hand...they make themes for specific roms and they arent interchangeable between different roms unless you know how to theme yourself and can switch files over then you can port any theme to any rom with permission of course...

Sent from a galaxy far far away
  3. jsw6380a

jsw6380a New Member

Let me guess... Watermark theme? As long as you follow instructions when it comes to flashing a ROM you will be fine...
  4. kdw11005

kdw11005 New Member

That's what I was afraid of...like i said changing ROMs makes me nervous, I just rooted to get rid of the bloat. Thanks jr313!
  5. kdw11005

kdw11005 New Member

No it's rockin rainbow for liberty.
  6. cubsfan187

cubsfan187 New Member

Changing ROM's is very easy as long as you make a back-up first and follow the instructions TO A "T" you will be fine. I was scared too until I tried it once and now I got hooked on changing almost once a week and seeing what the best one is. Good luck!