Ready To Take The Plunge!!

FernBch

Reaction score
I've had my DX for about a month now. Been doin alot of reading and I'm ready to customize it and make it my own. Just a quick couple of questions so I know I have everything I need.

Software:
Z4Root
DX and/or D2 Bootstrap (depends on ROM choice)
ROM Manager
Titanium Backup Pro
Superuser
340 SBF (just in case)
None of these are the free ones. The devs work hard to give us quality pgms and they should be paid for what they do.
ROM of choice-I haven't quite decided yet. I am looking at either a Liquid, Liberty, Zombiestomped, or the prerooted GB 595 (hear it's better than the 596). I may look at more or even try making my own, but we'll see (unless someone has a suggestion.....lol). I'll also be looking at OC and UV hacks, too.

Sound like I have everything covered?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Last edited:

chefjellynow

Reaction score
I would stay away from rom manager while on the DX. There are many conflicts reported with this and the DX. Stick with CWM for all of your flashing needs.
Otherwise all looks good :)

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, no to rom manager. Unless you're going to flash a gb rom, you can use dx bootstrap. Make sure the sbf is the full one. Superuser will be in your app drawer as soon as you root.
I would personally learn how to sbf before rooting. I did, and i saved myself the freak out time. Watch a tutorial on youtube. I'll post the thread

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7

OP
FernBch

FernBch

Reaction score
A GB ROM is a possibility, for that (rooted GB 595) is where I think the D2 bootstrap comes in. Bootstrap is CWM, right? If so I can still stay away from ROM Manager, correct?

Blacksantron

Reaction score
I'm in the same situation. 1 month owner. Almost have the nerve to do it. I'm leaning towards the rooted GB from TBH. great post. Id be interested in seeing what happens with ya. Re: you mess yours up first!

I also like liberty but I can't accept the black and yellow colors. Sacrilege for my fave team.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Root explorer is a must have file manager. Its all i use. You won't mess up your phone as long as you follow the directions. Its really quite easy. And your phone will kick arse.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7

OP
FernBch

FernBch

Reaction score
I guess I need to get busy d/l-ing so I can get started

Last edited:

cutiedroid

Reaction score
Root explorer is a must have file manager. Its all i use. You won't mess up your phone as long as you follow the directions. Its really quite easy. And your phone will kick arse.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7

What its the difference between Root Explorer and a standard file manager app?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Root explorer is a file manager for root users that allows you to view and modify every file on your phone. I mean everything. Its essential and makes life a lot easier when you need it. Believe me

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7

OP
FernBch

FernBch

Reaction score
Maybe a dumb question here, but I'm asking anyway. I have almost everything together that I think I need and I'm going to start soon. Before I do anything, first step is a backup. After that can I use say root explorer and make a copy of all my internet favs? If so, how hard is it to find them?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Internet favs? What is that? Bookmarks? Those you can save in the data of your browser app
That's no big deal though. Just go for it. You can always set everything up again. I just did it this morning flashing liberty 0.8. Took me about an hour to get everything back to where I was

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8-DroidForums addict

Last edited: