Ready To Take The Plunge!!

Blacksantron

Reaction score
Internet favs? What is that? Bookmarks? Those you can save in the data of your browser app
That's no big deal though. Just go for it. You can always set everything up again. I just did it this morning flashing liberty 0.8. Took me about an hour to get everything back to where I was

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8-DroidForums addict

Thats half the fun...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Exactly! Not everyone feels that way though ;)

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8-DroidForums addict

OP
FernBch

FernBch

Reaction score
Ok, here's where I'm at. My apps are installed. No freebies here, thanks for the progs developers. I'm rooted, clockworked, root explored, and a backup has been created. Next decision is do I want to just freeze some bloat, or do I do a custom ROM? My bootstrap is for DX, but I can do D2 if I need to. If I go with say the TBH 2 part and need to do a restore for any reason, can I use my backup with the D2 bootstrap? Also, is there a thread about the different ROMs (good, bad, content, etc) so I can try to make a semi informed choice? As always, suggestions and opinions are always welcome.

Thanks in advance

BTW, I also have the link to the SBF d/l if I need it.

OP
FernBch

FernBch

Reaction score
I may have found the answer, at least part of it, to my backup/restore question. Apparently I can as long as the kernel versions are the same. How do I know if they are?

OP
FernBch

FernBch

Reaction score
Ok, after much reading here and over at MDW, I know which direction I'm going. Over to the Darkslide!! I have all the files I need, including a bootable linux cd to sbf back to froyo with incase I have issues. All should go well. Wish me luck.......

OP
FernBch

FernBch

Reaction score
Well, I' m running the latest build of DarkSlideX. It's a GB 596 based ROM with some blur in it a some bloat removed. The install was totally painless and I was up and running in about 25 minutes. BBCrackman over at MDW did some really nice work with this. I like the style, the features, and the smoothness of everything. If your looking for something new, give it a shot.

My DroidX thrives on the the DarkSlide!!