Not open for further replies.
OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i installed the text messaging addon and now i'm getting 2x duplicate txts? i tried freezing the old text messaging thing but uh, its still around and still doubling... anyone else get this ?

Use the root explorer to delete it

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

nutpn

Reaction score
Very nice and fast ,excellent and responsive,really like it,running on 3 droid 3's ,mine,wifes and my nieces ,we all like this ,thanks for all your hard work.

Doubleyoupee

Reaction score
Well, like I said: a higher percentage of 'cell standby' usage doesn't really need to mean that the 'cell standby' has used more energy but that it has proportionately used more energy (it means the other components have used less). That's the idea, anyhow.

If I drank a half glass of water today and let you drink the rest, then I have used 50% and you have used 50%. If tomorrow, I drank half a glass of water and you drank none, then of the water that was used, I drank 100% and you drank 0% (with 50% water left in the glass). See what I'm getting at? 'Cell standby' didn't necessarily use more juice, but since other stuff used less, the proportions shifted that way.
But how would display suddenly go to 7%? Before, on stock rom, display would be my #1 battery drain (sounds logical as well).. 5.7.xxx or maverick rom can't suddenly make the display drain less battery - Something is wrong.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
But how would display suddenly go to 7%? Before, on stock rom, display would be my #1 battery drain (sounds logical as well).. 5.7.xxx or maverick rom can't suddenly make the display drain less battery - Something is wrong.

Happens here too. Different ROM as well. Still getting the same battery life if not better. Maybe the base is .886? I'm not sure.

Doubleyoupee

Reaction score
I can't see any issue with battery life

On stock ROM, dell standby (and phone idle) would be at the bottom <10% if i recall correctly. Display, wifi and android would be top.
Now, cell standby is top. Probably just a bug in battery usage calculations... but who knows

edit: haha, didn't see your 1d usage.. good enough for me :D

psouza4

Reaction score
Well, do yourself a favor -- do tests with both and compare the total time (not percentage) between the two given the exact amount of battery drain time in each test case. When you click on 'cell standby', it will tell you exactly how long the cell antenna has been standing by to talk to the towers.

Doubleyoupee

Reaction score
Well, do yourself a favor -- do tests with both and compare the total time (not percentage) between the two given the exact amount of battery drain time in each test case. When you click on 'cell standby', it will tell you exactly how long the cell antenna has been standing by to talk to the towers.
If I click on cell standby it says Time on: 12h19mn, time without a signal: 0%. It's the same as my current time on battery (12h19min). Doesn't sound right to me.
Display says 1h53minutes..

psouza4

Reaction score
If I click on cell standby it says Time on: 12h19mn, time without a signal: 0%. It's the same as my current time on battery (12h19min). Doesn't sound right to me.
Display says 1h53minutes..
Oi, did you even read what I wrote -- you'll have to compare many test cases between the two to get an idea if one is better than the other.

Do the 90-to-70 test (with 1% increments) under as close to the same conditions at least three times per ROM and compare the 'time on' under 'cell standby' times for each.

pedwards3x

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Honestly I'm not sure why we are bothering with this endless debate. Something is obviously different, but come on, on day on battery! There is no reason to complain about that in my opinion lol

Doubleyoupee

Reaction score
What I meant is - the cell standby just reads out what my current batterytime is

Honestly I'm not sure why we are bothering with this endless debate. Something is obviously different, but come on, on day on battery! There is no reason to complain about that in my opinion lol

You're right :)

KrazyKrivda

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just to re-ignite the fire.. and search for answers... the battery issues.. it is ONLY reporting system things, and I am not getting any reporting for downloaded apps, etc.

Also, the more important issue is that my battery life has drastically decreased from the original version, at times it is lasting half as long as previously, and my use has not changed.

OP
buckmarble

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just to re-ignite the fire.. and search for answers... the battery issues.. it is ONLY reporting system things, and I am not getting any reporting for downloaded apps, etc.

Also, the more important issue is that my battery life has drastically decreased from the original version, at times it is lasting half as long as previously, and my use has not changed.

So I'm trying to narrow down what are the causes in different battery life. I have gotten over 24 hrs myself and also had as low at 8(today). The only thing I did different is I removed blurhome2, performancemanager and blurgallery. I don't see how these could be the cause. I would like to know the cause of the major variation in battery......

Stik

Reaction score
I can't see any issue with battery life

I agree, this looks fairly normal for a rom. Seems to be quite common for the battery readings to be out of whack on different roms. I try not to look at this screen when running a rom because they always tend to give misleading information. I judge my battery usage by actual usage for the day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.