oh crap...sbf fail! help

OP
J

jbg25

Reaction score
did your phone update to the latest froyo?

i dont think you get what hes saying here, hes saying he was running a rom and clockworkmod messed up during midflash and he was able to get a backup but its been acting weird with fcs and everything. he is trying to get it fixed by doing 2.0.1 sbf and then wants to reroot. trust me, it confused me too :)

This!

I was using UD8 for several days with no issues at all. Wanted to try a kernel...so made the obligatory backup...which is the one that screwed up my phone. Never even tried to install the kernel after that.

droidman101

Reaction score
ok...so I think I have a major problem.

posted this a few days ago but only response I got was from a mod by PM...and they said my plan made sense.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-please-confirm-my-plan-action-flash-sbf.html

So I flash my phone as described here:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html

used the 2.0.1_sbf from that link but I did not get a PASS

Status says : "Failed flashing process. Failed flashing process. Interface BP Error sending RAM download for bootloader. Device API Error: 0xE003003F Address....."

It goes on for a while.

Anyway I have done nothing...phones says

SW Update
In progress.....

Can I be brought back here?

seems you have the same problem tank had, you killed some ram when flashing, its hardware issue now, so youre gonna have to get a new phone or a refurb from vzw or moto
edit: how long did you wait for it to go?

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks for translating droidman, i thought the guy was trying to root a stock phone. My bad OP.

OP
J

jbg25

Reaction score
PC747...you the man!

It worked this time.

So glad Droidman was wrong...phew!

OP
J

jbg25

Reaction score
my guess is it had to be the file...and it was scary to go through. lol...was like...crap...how do I explain this to the wife. she will never let me live this one down. lol

Now I am just going to go relax for a few and let the battery charge before I try flashing... MC1_A855_1282081087_Recovery-Only_SPRecovery_0.99.3b.sbf

Then I will reinstall UD8 and sign in to let all my apps restore.

off to get clean underwear....LMAO :icon_ banana:

MotoCache1

Chief Droid Scientist
Reaction score
As long as you still see "OK to Program" you're not out of luck. If you ever see "Code corrupt, cannot program" then you're sunk. Glad you got 'er back.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
J

jbg25

Reaction score
spr flashes successfully!

Thanks again guys. Truly appreciate it.:)

pjo1966

Reaction score
I tried going back to stock using this method (box option 5). It failed, and now I see this:

Bootloader
2C.7C

Code Corrupt

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Transfer Mode:
USB

I have been searching to try to find a solution, but haven't had any luck. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
PJO, there have been a number of posts from members who have used Easyroot then install a rom and lose root. Be careful.