oh crap...sbf fail! help

Rstran916

Reaction score
okay i used RSDLite and it completed. when my phone was booting up, it stopped at 6 percent and then the progress has completed, but the result said passed. im stuck in the bootloader option and i have a error.
the error is A5,70,70,00,1F.
dont know whats the problem..

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
As long as you still see "OK to Program" you're not out of luck. If you ever see "Code corrupt, cannot program" then you're sunk. Glad you got 'er back.

Just for the record on this one, this is not true. Had it happen a couple of times but was able to pull it off and fix it.

okay i used RSDLite and it completed. when my phone was booting up, it stopped at 6 percent and then the progress has completed, but the result said passed. im stuck in the bootloader option and i have a error.
the error is A5,70,70,00,1F.
dont know whats the problem..
I don't know what that message is either, but try pulling your battery out for about thirty seconds and then see what happens when you boot back up.

good luck

raw33

Reaction score
My friend had a rooted Droid X and he needed to return it to stock so that we could send it in for a replacement from Verizon. I have had experience with RSD Lite on my Droid 2 and never had a problem flashing an SBF until I'm working with someone else's phone (of course).
I first tried flashing a SBF that he found named VRZ_MB810_1.13.6.2_1FF_01. It ended up Failing at the Download RAM step. I tried it 3-4 more times with no luck, but once it did say PASS but still would not reboot, only takes me to the Bootloader.
After trying that SBF, I read that maybe another SBF file would work. I downloaded VRZ_MB810_2.3.15_1FF_01 and tried flashing that this morning and still no luck.

I have RSD Lite 4.9, ran as administrator.
Bootloader says:
Bootloader
Err:A5,70,70,00,00

MEM_MAP Blank
Service Req'd
Battery OK
OK to Program
Transfer Mode: USB

Thanks in advance for the help!

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
My friend had a rooted Droid X and he needed to return it to stock so that we could send it in for a replacement from Verizon. I have had experience with RSD Lite on my Droid 2 and never had a problem flashing an SBF until I'm working with someone else's phone (of course).
I first tried flashing a SBF that he found named VRZ_MB810_1.13.6.2_1FF_01. It ended up Failing at the Download RAM step. I tried it 3-4 more times with no luck, but once it did say PASS but still would not reboot, only takes me to the Bootloader.
After trying that SBF, I read that maybe another SBF file would work. I downloaded VRZ_MB810_2.3.15_1FF_01 and tried flashing that this morning and still no luck.

I have RSD Lite 4.9, ran as administrator.
Bootloader says:
Bootloader
Err:A5,70,70,00,00

MEM_MAP Blank
Service Req'd
Battery OK
OK to Program
Transfer Mode: USB

Thanks in advance for the help!

It may be that the file your friend found was an older sbf version than was already installed. If memory serves me correctly, if you use a 2.2 sbf, then try to flash a 2.1 sbf, you can get this error. Something about Motorola changing the keys when going to 2.2. I could only find this one that seemed to be later than August 2010 (it's December 2010 - 2.2.1 [2.3.340]), but read up on it before using as I would hate for you to possibly make things worse (<< disclaimer). It supposedly will take you to stock, unrooted.

raw33

Reaction score
It may be that the file your friend found was an older sbf version than was already installed. If memory serves me correctly, if you use a 2.2 sbf, then try to flash a 2.1 sbf, you can get this error. Something about Motorola changing the keys when going to 2.2. I could only find this one that seemed to be later than August 2010 (it's December 2010 - 2.2.1 [2.3.340]), but read up on it before using as I would hate for you to possibly make things worse (<< disclaimer). It supposedly will take you to stock, unrooted.

I flashed that one, it says PASS, but phone still stuck in Bootloader...

EDIT:
Found an SBF that worked at MyDroidWorld.com. Thanks for the help!

Last edited: