SBF Fail on R2D2 Droid 2 Please Help!

jenstyler

Reaction score
To start out, i'm pretty frimilar with Hacking, Rooting, and putting custom ROMs onto my R2D2 droid,
but i've never had any luck doing SBF.

So, I decided to go back to stock to get the GB update from Verizon OTA update. To do this, I needed to
SBF my Liberty 2.0 ROM to the original R2D2 droid ROM

I download the VRZ_A957_2.4.5_1FF_01.sbf from the R2D2 Droid owners forum on this site. Downloaded RSD Lite 4.9, and Motohelper for the drivers.
I'm running Windows 7 32-bit Professional.

So I put my phone into bootloader mode.
D2-37

Get the USB connection and see my phone in RSD lite.

I select the SBF file.

Hit start. Everything goes as planned, builds the images, loads them onto my phone, until I get to the point where it
wants to send something to the RAM for bootloader?
My phone says Programming COmplete or whatever,
and then i get this error in RSD Lite

"Failed Flashing Process. Failed Flashing Process. Interface BP: Error sending RAM download for bootloader. Device API error: 0xE0030009 Address 0x1BE400 Command: ADDR (0xE0231009); phone disconnected.

then I unplug the phone to see if it boots, right?
I get the silver M logo, and after about 20 seconds the screen goes black, with the backlight on still and its frozen there.

Any suggestions? Please? HELP!

Thanks.

OP
J

jenstyler

Reaction score
Fixed!

After messing around with the phone for the past hour and re SBFing it 5 times and it still failing, I decided to get it into recovery mode.
I wiped the DATA and Cache and now it works.
Whew... thought I might of bricked it.

:D

Insidious

Reaction score
Glad everything worked out!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

MAMBA24ILL

Reaction score
Just SBF'd my R2D2. My phone stopped letting me send/receive calls/text on New Years. I called Verizon yesterday & they're sending me another one. Too bad I already got this one back & up. I too had a small issue after it rebooting & staying stuck in bootloader. I had to wipe cache & data. Feels funny having it back to stock after having it rooted & rommed for so long.

chrisrcarey

Reaction score
Trying to SBF my droid 2 global, but it seems that all I can find are dead links. Can anyone help me out with an actual link that works?