Often imitated, never duplicated! Focused 1.8.6

NattyBee

Reaction score
Stupid question maybe: I'm running 1.6 with Black Juice Green...so my question is...should I wipe before install or is it ok to install with just the wipe data/cache as in instructions? Just trying to be safe, haha! I'm new to Rubix, in fact I've only had the X for a few weeks...
Anyway, I can't wait to have this running! :) THANKS!

cpjr

Reaction score
I didnt even clear data.....only cache. Worked like a charm.

Try that, if you get bootlooped go back and clear data also.

sephtin

Reaction score
Stupid question maybe: I'm running 1.6 with Black Juice Green...so my question is...should I wipe before install or is it ok to install with just the wipe data/cache as in instructions? Just trying to be safe, haha! I'm new to Rubix, in fact I've only had the X for a few weeks...

Installing Focused will format /system anyway... so no need.

My recommendation (as always) is to follow the instructions of any ROM dev when installing their ROM...
That having been said... I've done maybe 12'ish hours of testing with a VERY vanilla 1.6 to 1.8.x upgrades without wiping data/cache, and so far so good. You can try not wiping, but at the first sign of ANY issues, it's the first thing I'd try...
As always, a good nandroid backup is your friend... ;)

jacksradio

Reaction score

My recommendation (as always) is to follow the instructions of any ROM dev when installing their ROM...
That having been said... I've done maybe 12'ish hours of testing with a VERY vanilla 1.6 to 1.8.x upgrades without wiping data/cache, and so far so good. You can try not wiping, but at the first sign of ANY issues, it's the first thing I'd try...

Ok..I got a silly question...if i DON'T wipe data/cache does this mean all my app settings and text messages will be the same or restored on the new ROM or will I still have to set everything up again??

cpjr

Reaction score
If you dont wipe data, EVERYTHING will stay.

PS- With a disclosure there is always a possibility of it causing issues.

sephtin

Reaction score

Ok..I got a silly question...if i DON'T wipe data/cache does this mean all my app settings and text messages will be the same or restored on the new ROM or will I still have to set everything up again??

Should still be there.

jdhas

Reaction score

Should still be there.

But a real potential for issues galore.

cpjr

Reaction score

Should still be there.

I dunno if i'd say that....I have gone from Rubix .5 to 1.0 to 1.6 and now 1.8.6 without wiping data.

My phone runs like a champ, no issues, no reboots, nothing. Only issue I had was from installing a theme which I knew wasnt compatible anyways. Heck, the phone still ran good with it, lol.

But of course I could just be very lucky. And yeah there is certainly a chance for issues.

sephtin

Reaction score
I dunno if i'd say that....I have gone from Rubix .5 to 1.0 to 1.6 and now 1.8.6 without wiping data.

My phone runs like a champ, no issues, no reboots, nothing. Only issue I had was from installing a theme which I knew wasnt compatible anyways. Heck, the phone still ran good with it, lol.

But of course I could just be very lucky. And yeah there is certainly a chance for issues.

You sure you went from 0.5 to 1.0 without wiping? It caused bootloops if you didn't wipe... :) Lucky is an understatment! ;)

But yes, always a potential for issues.. 1.6 to 1.8.6 is not a HUGE change to framework, so it *may* be safe... but please PLEASE if you don't wipe during install.. and later you start having issues, then wipe data/cache BEFORE posting problems!

Edit: bleh, was putting words in other people's mouth there... got rid of the wrong quote brackets. :S Fixed... :p kinda.

Last edited:

ooja3k

Reaction score
WOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Does anyone actually know what benefits 2.2.1 bring to 2.2???

sephtin

Reaction score
sephtin's black barmod for Focsued 1.8.6

Black barmod built using 1.8.6 framework as base.

Features:
–Completely based on the Focused 1.8.6 framework.
–Transparent background with droid on bottom right
–Removed credit for the awesomeness of the phone from Verizon Wireless, and placed it where it belongs… to rubiX Focused, updated on both lockscreen and notification drop down.
–Used icons from my previous bar, including my own 30, 50, 70, and 90 % icons. (Battery percents show with 10% increments).
–Removed Rounded corners.

More info, and grab it here:
sephtin’s BlackBar mod for Focused 1.8.6 — sephtin.com

DRLyman

Reaction score
Any chance that VZ Nav or Navigon can work with this? Neither would work with 1.6, so I am assuming that's the case for this, too.....

jdhas

Reaction score
Any chance that VZ Nav or Navigon can work with this? Neither would work with 1.6, so I am assuming that's the case for this, too.....

I'd be pretty surprised if they did....