Official OTA UPDATE rollout right now!

tindogify

Reaction score
chefgregg65 said:
I live in Rockford

I'm in bolingbrook 30 miles west of chicago and still nothing here. did you get the notification? The one that said update was ics ,before you got the update?

OP
C

chefgregg65

Reaction score
yeah I get from notification about ICS like 5 hours ago then I get from OTA Update in 30 mins this is not soak text

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The rollout started just before Midnight Eastern (Daylight Savings Time). It will go out in waves, some may get it early, some later, and it doesn't matter geographically, nor does it seem to matter when the phone was purchased. There isn't anybody that can confirm any particular rhyme or reason for who gets it when and who doesn't. You'll get it when you get it. There have been two identical phones, both bought at the same time, and one will get the upgrade, the other will get it days later.

Rest assured you'll eventually get it.

ITguy4

Reaction score
Got mine in Pittsburgh PA this morning, but my coworker did not. I got a pop up message last night telling me I would be getting it within the next few days and with a link to the web site so that I could familiarize myself with it. When I woke up this morning, I was given the choice to download it now or later.

dbow27

Reaction score
Got it in the middle of the night. Woke me up with the bright screen. Nor Cal here.

Brite_Eyes

Reaction score
Im in iowa and nothing hear yet..ugggh..hoping soon though razr and i have a love hate going on!

lhardeman56

Reaction score
FoxKat said:
The rollout started just before Midnight Eastern (Daylight Savings Time). It will go out in waves, some may get it early, some later, and it doesn't matter geographically, nor does it seem to matter when the phone was purchased. There isn't anybody that can confirm any particular rhyme or reason for who gets it when and who doesn't. You'll get it when you get it. There have been two identical phones, both bought at the same time, and one will get the upgrade, the other will get it days later.

Rest assured you'll eventually get it.

It amazes me how people think geographical location has anything to do with updates.

Harddrive

Reaction score
nothing here in ct yet

I beg to differ. Walking out the door at 7:05am and looked at my RAZR. It was already 40% downloading. Pulled into the parking lot at work an hour later in New Haven with the phone booting up to ICS.

cousy415

Reaction score
I beg to differ. Walking out the door at 7:05am and looked at my RAZR. It was already 40% downloading. Pulled into the parking lot at work an hour later in New Haven with the phone booting up to ICS.

Did you receive the notification prior to the download informing you you would be receiving ICS within a week?

tindogify

Reaction score
cousy415 said:
Did you receive the notification prior to the download informing you you would be receiving ICS within a week?

looks like we're all gonna get the notification before we get the ics, the question is, are they going to release the batches every third day or every day that is the question

polarity0

Reaction score
Woke up this morning at 7 am with a notification of the update 15 min later was on my ICS home screen fully booted up. Got a notification last night at 7pm i would be receiving the update this week.